96 Pulsar Autech

• Thread starter Thread starter murphd43
  • Start date Start date
murphd43 said:
I was out with my mate for a bit too in his fto mivec, and it was close too, he was starting to pull away slighty

I was racing a mivec a few months ago and it was even-ish till around 125+ I was pulling away. If I wasnt carrying all the weight I reckon I wouldnt of had a problem with it

thought mivecs were 197bhp and 150 ft lb torque?

EDIT:

My bad, just had to check, youve had a fair bit of work done to the engine and exhaust.

murphd43 said:
It's also very hard to get parts over here for it, went to pro-parts, who haven't let me down before and he said there's very little available over here without breaking the bank!

They havn't a clue up there bout these cars,don't listen to people talkin bull,as shiny blue said already its an sr20de,theres loads available,lots of tuning potential including brakes and suspension.You should really be ahead of an sir,its a 1.6 and you are 2L,the vz-r is fairly level with sir's if not even slightly ahead! A tune up is in order i think!!!!!!!!!!

well mine needs a good service, and his has loads done, high lift cams, decat exhaust, induction kit behind front bumper, hondata ecu, 4-2-1 manifold, performance plugs and leads, carbon fibre bonnet.

murphd43 said:
well mine needs a good service, and his has loads done, high lift cams, decat exhaust, induction kit behind front bumper, hondata ecu, 4-2-1 manifold, performance plugs and leads, carbon fibre bonnet.

i thought your car has all these mods as standard bar the carbon bonnet

why did you mention autech to the vrt crowd. you should have cleared her as a standard gti. they'd never have known any different. it's like clearing a vzr and a vzr-N1 the N1 is worth a few grand more than a standard vzr but vrt is the same they don't know the difference. and also parts will be simple to get. If we can get vzr parts then it should be easy to get sr20de parts.

almera rob said:
why did you mention autech to the vrt crowd. you should have cleared her as a standard gti. they'd never have known any different. it's like clearing a vzr and a vzr-N1 the N1 is worth a few grand more than a standard vzr but vrt is the same they don't know the difference. and also parts will be simple to get. If we can get vzr parts then it should be easy to get sr20de parts.

could it have been the chassis number.. because of the fact that hn15(autechs) were never actually brought over here.. if it was an n15 then he might have gotten away with it.. but i'd say it could have been the HN that fooooked it over...

Sold it, to the same mate that had that civic SIR, sold his and gave me cash for the pulsar!

Nice car.

Use the best oil you can....the idling issue will be normal with uprated cams unless it`s very erratic.

€5000 cash What's ya's think? I think it was a fair enough price considering the vrt and the fact that I was gonna keep it I had to get something out of the sale! And it is in good hands, he has it serviced already and he's getting the timing belt done and new tires tommorrow!

murphd43 said:
€5000 cash What's ya's think? I think it was a fair enough price considering the vrt and the fact that I was gonna keep it I had to get something out of the sale! And it is in good hands, he has it serviced already and he's getting the timing belt done and new tires tommorrow!

timing belt? aren't they all chain driven?

yep, all chain driven. might be worth changing the gearbox fluid as well, depending on mileage, cos its over 10yrs old now

DevilMan said:
I've seen 2.0L HN15's in Japanese auctions. I assume they are Autechs.

I have a feeling you're right... But short of checking my *rough* memory seems to think the autechs were HNN15s?

there's also CD20s which were the 2.0L diesel versions...

The HNN15 is the weird 4x4 one:

nissan_lucino.jpg

€5000 was a good price I think.

As Devilman said above HNN15 is 4wd. Nissan use the second N in the chassis number to denote 4wd, eg. Rnn14 is the Pulsar GTi-R

Back
Top Bottom