99' GTi dyno results

As some of you know, I had to miss the ‘3rd nunny’ meat as I attended a Rolling Road Session today organised by James on NPOC. I missed out on the last one back in November 08, however ive had more done to the engine since so happy days. Very happy with the figure, I gave the MAF a clean a few weeks back after reading thru datsun RR thread, drilled the air box and fully tighten all of my exhaust nut/bolts to further aid the run.

My base run was 161bhp at I believe 15* oe timing advance. Second run was 163bhp at 17* and final run made 166bhp @ 19* btdc. Il settle for 18* as I think 19* is a bit too much maybe. From 15 to 17* the big advantage was the new torque curve. Mega impressive over the base run, graph see pic. Sorry the pictures are a little dark, my Fuji was really struggling with the nearly dead batteries eek

There ended up 9 cars rolling road'd and 2 power runs so a good day had by all :cool:

DSCF6501.jpg

DSCF6550.jpg

DSCF6553.jpg

DSCF6527.jpg

DSCF6533.jpg

DSCF6538.jpg

I do know that mick wasn’t carrying out the correct procedure for setting up the timing. so now that I know the optimum setting, il check it next weekend and set it correctly to 18* via timing mode. Most of the GT lads were getting similar bhp figure to last time and Rich's GTT first power run was 270 bhp, 1 hp away from his last rolling road session at a different rolling road.

yes im a happy lad :D
david

What a dummy i didn’t ask eek, il call them up later today - they should have the whp figures for my runs I hope. in all honesty if they don’t for what ever reason I wont be too upset as it’ll probably only be about 128whp ie 23% loss.

dd

euhm, i think that is a big loss.

i have with decat and the vibrant exhaust 158 hp and 136 on the wheels..... strange that yours loozes that much of horses :s

^ thats only 14% tranny lost, thats not right. i might be wrong tho fella.
This was my first rolling road and I kinda just watched the proceedings lol

i'm not totally sure what i'm on about either mate, but that does seem a big loss goin on other figures i've seen - would expect a few more than that from a good fly figure like that

give em a call :)

awesome results dave :D how do they know how much power is lost thru th tranny. I thought they measured whp and then made an assumption that tranny loses 20% so they times whp by 1.20 to get bhp.?

^ thats only 14% tranny lost, thats not right. i might be wrong tho fella.
This was my first rolling road and I kinda just watched the proceedings lol

It was mesured on a new superflow 4x4 dyno, i had 1st run, it was calibrated 1 hour before my ride went on it.

That one only gives whp and its by calculation the engine hp.

Back
Top Bottom