A question for N16 owners ?

• Thread starter Thread starter The Artist
  • Start date Start date
T

The Artist

I am just wondering do you get some wind noise on passenger side. Ours does and I am wondering if its a characteristic of something wrong ??

wind noise? what do you think is wrong like a broken window seal or something? if the windows leaking i'd say that's it, if not i'd say its normal, stop worrying :P

K33 ELV said:
wind noise? what do you think is wrong like a broken window seal or something? if the windows leaking i'd say that's it, if not i'd say its normal, stop worrying :P

Yeah I was thinking a seal gone somewhere... is that a daft idea ?

Its still in manufacturers warranty so want to make sure before it runns out, is annoying when in passenger seat but all is quiet in drivers seat.

The Artist said:
I am just wondering do you get some wind noise on passenger side. Ours does and I am wondering if its a characteristic of something wrong ??

Doesn't happen on mine.

Check the rubber "seal" running round the A pillar and roof. A chunk missing / fallen off / loose may be the problem.

I have an N15 P2 Gti and get this. Don't know if you have a sunroof, but when mine is open the buzzing stops.. close it and it starts again.. give it a go.. does not work so well when you put the drivers window down as the wind noise is too loud to hear if it has stopped anyway.

The Artist said:
I am just wondering do you get some wind noise on passenger side.

Don't know if you've already clocked personally (and in no way is this a personal slagging) but the N16 Almera is about as refined as a loud fart by Jade Goody - i know because i've probably got the one Nissan used to test before putting the thing into production the amount of problems i've had (and as i'm trying to make this brief-ish i'll not go into that)

Personally if i'm not deafened by the tyre roar, road noise, wind noise, engine noise or suspension noise, i'm gonna be deafened by my dance music which is up so loud (well as loud as two functioning speakers will allow) to try and combat the above factors...

If there were any modification i'd love to do to my car would be to better soundproof the fucker but since pigs haven't evolved into flying creatures and started embarking to the skies yet i'm not holding my breath...

P.S. Welcome to the Forum :thumb:

TallPaul86 said:
Don't know if you've already clocked personally (and in no way is this a personal slagging) but the N16 Almera is about as refined as a loud fart by Jade Goody - i know because i've probably got the one Nissan used to test before putting the thing into production the amount of problems i've had (and as i'm trying to make this brief-ish i'll not go into that)

Personally if i'm not deafened by the tyre roar, road noise, wind noise, engine noise or suspension noise, i'm gonna be deafened by my dance music which is up so loud (well as loud as two functioning speakers will allow) to try and combat the above factors...

If there were any modification i'd love to do to my car would be to better soundproof the fucker but since pigs haven't evolved into flying creatures and started embarking to the skies yet i'm not holding my breath...

P.S. Welcome to the Forum :thumb:

*LOL* Ohh dear you got a lemon then, or a Friday afternoon or monday morning car (on the asembly line that is)

Our car is refined at the ONLY noise is this slight wind noise, apart from that I am VERY impressed with it

Back
Top Bottom