after a nice polish.

well just given my beast a polish so i thought id pop it up on here,

all i need to do now is let my arms recover and then buy some wax to put on in the morning if its still clean, failing that a re-wash and then a wax.

any how here they are.

polish on, not perfectly even i know lol

polishon.jpg

then when its removed this is how it looks

Front Reflection

bonnetreflection.jpg

Side Reflection

sidereflection.jpg

Glass reflection Poor camera.....

mereflection.jpg

So now all i think it needs is a dab of wax, dunno which to get. wether it's spray on like or a pot of wax.

What polish did you use? Still looks very white so doesn't look like it's been properly worked into the paint and broken down.

As for a wax - Get a hard wax. They last FOREVER - much longer than liquid waxes.

I recommend Chemical Guys XXX Hardcore Paste Wax.

If you really want a wetwet shine - get yourself some Glaze like Meguiars Hand Glaze or Chemical Guys EZ Creme and then wax over that.

auto glymn super resin polish i used.

probyl put far too much on as it always goes white when i use it lol no matter what car i polish.

Ah, SRP isn't a 'cutting' polish. It's an oil filler based polish which rather than cutting down your clear coat to the same level fills in the scratches. Because of this, it doesn't have to be worked in and broken down as much as cutting polishes.

SRP is good in that sense but without a good sealer and wax - the fillers come out after a few washes and you are back to square one.

A well maintained car only needs to be polished about twice a year.

thinking of getting some spray wax 2m the type u spray on rub in and be done

you think that would allow it to last a fair while, it wont be anything expensive i use as i cnt afford it.

Mate, Polish is applied in circles and removed by buffing in straight lines. So much less effort and done in half the time. Also, just do a panel at a time. Just incase bad weather catches you out.

fair enough i like getting advice off ppl :D

i put it on circular then straight lines to ensure i didnt miss anywhere then off in straight lines

i got this wax in the end, it was cheapish but figured id give it a go.

DSC00092.jpg

all i had to do was spray on wipe it where needed do not allow to dry and buff it off.

now beads water and should last a while, however i didnt really notice and difference in shine..

now looks like this

waxd.jpg

ive got some meguirs (spelling) speed wax like that, you spray on and immediately rub off. Its ok but nowt special, only helps with beading but doesn't give a better shine than the polish. Next time im gunna buy some proper stuff!

ill see how i get on with this then go from there, although i know 1 wax ill never buy and i found it on the internet at 30k a tub, cant remember what its caled tho.

CG's XXX Hardcore Wax. Great wax. Smells awsome too.

I'm waiting to see how the DODO juice holds up with endurance, but if it lasts as long as it looks good, I'll prolly move onto some Banana Armour.

Your car looks quite shiney but as the only pic i saw before hand is not (with the wax only on), i cant tell if it has done a good job or not..

TheSam said:
Collignite 476 is the stuff to use ;)

agreed, have used plenty of waxes but keep going back to that, better than xxx hardcore, any meguiars wax etc imo and it lasts a good while. nice deep clear shine to it on the grey p10 and blue n15 so good on a range of colours aswell.

StevenC said:
CG's XXX Hardcore Wax. Great wax. Smells awsome too.

I'm waiting to see how the DODO juice holds up with endurance, but if it lasts as long as it looks good, I'll prolly move onto some Banana Armour.

4 months on and its still beading/sheating

Back
Top Bottom