Air Con Question

Hi, i've got a leak on my air con which i've traced to the pipe running from the air con radiator to the can shaped thing (sorry i don't know what its called) next to the battery.

Just wondering if this pipe disconnects from the radiator and if so how tricky is it to get at or is it easier to just change the radiator and pipe in one.

Any advice greatly appreciated!

It will come of the canister end easily however i couldn't remove it from the radiator end and my engine was out at the time.

if its the pipe i'm thinking of thats a funny shape and sits in front of the rad, it gets pitted and can rust / corrode, yet the ones from some primera's are a different metal and dont, so swap 'em if you get a chance ;)

cheers for the replies guys. its actually the pipe that runs from the air con radiator to the canister by the battery. its leaking right where the tube joins the part that bolts in to the can. as garnz said it looks like it doesn't come off the radiator so i might be stuck with it for now. oh, and cheers for the offer rob i'll bear that in mind if i can't get it sorted by then.

I might try some silicon - good idea! i've got some exhaust repair putty as well might give that a try. clutching at straws really but worth a go. just hope there isn't much pressure in the system or it'll fly straight off!

Hi just a quick piece of advice silicon or exhaust putty will probably not work as there is quite alot of pressure in the system....

Back
Top Bottom