Almera ph1 SRi

Hello!

Already said hello and introduced myself and my car on the newbie bit but i'll do it again now incase anyone reads this and wants to know whats going on.

My name is Terry, im 19 and i live in a town called winsford not far from Chester.

I've recently been given a 1996 Almera SRi, black, 70k miles and its a 5 door, But thats fine with me (i got shouted at last time i bad mouthed 5 doors).

I've been spending alot of my time reading different things on here about performance and modification and thought i'd give it a go. Not full blown modding but just little things.

What i have in mind :

White alloys which are preferably multispoke (16's or 17's)
Lowering springs (because i cant afford coilovers)
Obx manifold
cat back system
induction kit with air feed from front bumper
Drilled and groved discs because they look sweeeet (and work better but mainly for looks)
Better speakers front and back

Thats pretty much all i can think of at the moment, but its plenty to get me started on.

Im generally going for better looks than speed to be honest as i have my motorbike which has both. But easy performance mods are welcome lol.

Doing all the things i've said will take me a while due to funds etc so if anyone is acually interested in what my car turns out like be patient. Any information, advice or ideas are welcome :)

Oh In the last couple of days i have ordered some Apex lowering springs and a Janspeed back back (both cheap as both second hand and off ebay :D)

Anyway i'll update when i have done some work and cheers for looking.

Terry T

Here are the pics:

Photo011.jpg

Photo012.jpg

Photo013-1.jpg

Photo014.jpg

And my motorbike for thoes who are interested

Photo005.jpg

Exactly same as mine, just with good bodywork, different alloys and soon to be quicker than mine due to mods.

I love it! Makes me miss my first P1 SRi (Also N reg).
Does look a bit bucktoothed with the square plate though!

lol still got my first SRi ..... just got a little quicker :D

yer not too sure about the square front plate... works well on the back tho :D

Cheers for all the good feedback and that :D

Finally got round to polishing it today so theres the reason for it looking clean lol.

And the front plate was cracked when i got it so i just got that one done for a bit of change really but i see where your coming from.

The bikes 600cc which should be about 110bhp with the better exhaust and that, so thats more bhp than the almera lol.

And cheers, it is pretty tidy yeh, its spent the last few years sat in a garage being used once a week to go down to the shops. And serviced at least once a year.

Find out if i win some white alloys tomorrow, multispoke 17's - just what i want :D

Thanks.

I appreciate all the nice comments :D

If it was in poor condition i dont think i would doing anything to modify it. But it is tidy so i think a few things wouldnt hurt.

Still waiting on my back box and springs :( i hope they come soon so i can fit them this week whilst im off work.

Just as a side note - the janspeed backbox wont fit the SRi exhaust, you'll need a GTi cat back for about £60, bolts straight on and has the same fitment just the flange is different.

Ah now this is why i was going to ask before i bought it. Will have to look into getting a gti cat back now lol. Cheers for letting me know anyway.

Im loving all the 5 door posts as well hahaha

Back
Top Bottom