Almera rear washer not working

Got a 2003 almera hatchback 1.5 petrol and ever since I bought it there has been no water going to the rear.

I took the nozzle off and pumped some air through the hose (with those compressors for the tyres) and it blew water out of the water tank meaning there isn't a blockage.

The front works just fine, I can hear the pump. No pump noise is heard when trying the rear.
I'm thinking it's the water pump.

Question, does the almera have individual water pumps for front and rear washers?
According to this it's only one part.

How easy is that to change?

Just one pump for front and rear.

You can change it by pulling the inner wheel arch liner forward driver side no need to remove wheel...then you see the big windscreen water bottle,the pump is just a press fit into it.

Just one pump for front and rear.

You can change it by pulling the inner wheel arch liner forward driver side no need to remove wheel...then you see the big windscreen water bottle,the pump is just a press fit into it.

Thanks.
Is that a pump issue that can happen though? I mean it is strange that the same pump works fine for the front only.
Can it be the switch perhaps not sending a signal for the rear?

dont know about N16's but N15's have 2 pumps one for the front and one for the rear, pretty common failure.

So I went ahead and replaced the washer pump. It has one pump that services both front and rear.
No change, same as before.
Seems to be an electrical issue and got no idea what to try next.
Any suggestions, bar taking it to a professional?

somewhere it has a hole.......

It doesn't.
I blew air with a compressor in the tube from the rear and it pushed the water out of the tank in the engine bay so it's not disconnected. There is no noise out of the pump when using the stalk for the rear.
Anyone got any docs/links on how to remove the stalk?

There's a very very little micro filter/valve behind the right side rear quarter interior trim feeding the rear washer jet,remove it and clean it .

It doesn't.
I blew air with a compressor in the tube from the rear and it pushed the water out of the tank in the engine bay so it's not disconnected. There is no noise out of the pump when using the stalk for the rear.
Anyone got any docs/links on how to remove the stalk?
Remove steering wheel shroud, and then its pretty obvious.

Back
Top Bottom