Amplifier Installation

Hey guys im installing an amp/sub in my 2000 n16 almera and i was wondering if anyone could help me?
I was wondering if there are any easy ways to put the power cable through the fire wall without having to cut a new hole as i was looking around the car and i cant locate any easy spots for me too put the wire through, thanks in advance!

no experience on the n16... is there a grommet anywhere that you could put the cable through.

on the n15 there are 2 up near the glove box that are visable from the engine bay

ah, i see your from NI, what do you drive? silver n16, kitted by any chance?

just done mine a couple of days ago
on the right hand side of the fire wall there is a large gromit with wires going through. make a small hole in the rubber, without cut any wires and push it through.
the wire will come into the passenger footwell so you will have to take the glove box out and the passenger floor cover.
easy
Bean

hey again sorry im having a bit of trouble getting the glove box and floor cover off could you tell me how you did it?
Thanks again

The glove box is easy enough. Theres a few screws in the top of it to undo and it should come right out! Floor cover? Yah dont need to remove a floor cover.. run the power cable under the kick panel :) Thats what i did. I drive a 2000 blue sport+ and me and liam did mine about a week ago! Ill pop some pics up tomorrow if your still in need of advice or pm me and ill run ya through it on msn or something.

mine literally falls off :P its not actually attached. When youve finished this could you please post up some pics on how you did it so i can see... cheers

Dude when i finish work tomorrow ill do some pics of how i got mine through :) What you after specifics? As in were to feed the powercable? and where to put the ground ect?

Fiiting an amp and a sub is something ive never tried, obviously i can find the grommits through the bulkhead easy enough as i did this to wire the leds into the sunny. I was just interested as ive just swapped 2 JVC door speakers for a 12" alpine sub and was wodnering how im ever going to fit it. Im guessing i'll need an amp to go with it, and already have a fairly high spec JVC cd player. Was questioning what i do for power, do i need to take the power direct from the battery or can i run it from the cd player source etc...

Having a complete nightmare with this guys all the wires are connected right and all other speakers are working correctly just the subwoofer is not working at all :(

Ok get yourself a Vibe 4 gauge wiring kit. That stuff is damn good qaulity kit for 30 quid! Plenty of cable to. And no. You will run the power cable from the battery to the boot were the amp will be i presume? What RMS is the sub? Find a amp to match that RMS wattage. Either a monoblock will do or a bridgable 2 channel one. Dont get a 200rms watt amp and a 400rms watt sub.. It'd be waaay under powered and the sub/amp would most likely die. Your amp will have a "remote" input you put the blue wire from that to the remote turn on cable that comes out the back of the JVC unit. The power lead like i said runs from battery to amp. Then your ground i suggest behind the rear light.. they have bolts there with nuts on take 1 nut off and sand off some paint slap it on and job done its not done me any harm :D Any other info dude ill do my best to help

Choise. Run me through your setup? Ie.. Mine i have 2 fronts running off the head unit. the subs on a seperate amp in the boot. That kinda run down so i can try and determine the problem

ya checked the fuses dude? what headunit sub out put turned on? got a decent earth on the amp? phono leads arent broke? is the amp goosed? sub fucked? speakers leads in the sub box attached ok?

cheers for that, im not sure on anythign about the sub unofrtauntly... all in know is its an alpine 12" S Type... when i get round to it i'll give you a pm if if i get stuck...

a mate has just done a complete boot full of subs and amps into a punto (not much of a boot) with bass controls built onto centre console. Ill give him a shout too.

I changed the fuses on the wiring and the wiring was brand new, the head unit is on some sendai one which i bought recently and the amp is earthed to the chasis, the phono laeds are perfect and i dont know of the amp is goosed or sub is fuked the speakers are attatched fine aswell so ive no idea what it is!

is the sub moving? i found with my sub and amps that they could be tuned so that they just vibrated a bit and didnt make any noise

Back
Top Bottom