Amplifier Installation

Yes. Use a volt meter and set it to Ohms put it on the terminals for the sub. If you get a reading of 0hms i think then no current is passing. But it should read 4ohms i think. someone will correct if im wrong. 2/4ohms depends on speaker.

But trust me if the ground cable isnt conected you wont get power. Thats what i found. scratch the shit out of the grounding point. and remember if the metal underneath the point is painted like the black thing holding the foam crap in the boot in place then you still wont get a ground. Suggest sanding it down till its pure metal justr to make sure.

Also check your getting current. set for 12v on the meter and drop a point on the positive and negative(ground) terminals of the amp. if you get no reading chances are its either your remote cable isnt connected, the ground is bad or the amps fucked

just got to correct the impedance suggestion, 2 or 4 ohm is the resistance of the coil, if there is resistance then the sub should work, no reading and the wire is broke, dead short and the sub wont work either. first off, get a voltmeter and check between the main power cable and ground terminals of the amp. Should have 12-14 volts. If its there then check between remote and ground terminals with the headunit on.

hehe its always the simplest thing! how did u resolve said problem? was the wire just not connected properly? or was it not working at all?

Back
Top Bottom