Andrews SRi

Gynx said:
Ive read up on the colourings...

Front : White
Back : Red / Orange / White , although white can only be shown during a reverse manuover
Sides : orange.

But then the argument of the "im not showing the light , ur only see'ing the glow" comes into play i guess

Seeing the glow still means you're seeing the light. If you weren't seeing the light then you wouldn't see the glow.

Zetetic said:
Seeing the glow still means you're seeing the light. If you weren't seeing the light then you wouldn't see the glow.

Sure the law only classes a "visible" source of light a "visible bulb". in which case Neons , arnt....

To be honest , i dont think there illegal. I just think that the police will pull you over and fine you simply because they dont like neons and to show that they can. Bet if you refused to take the points/fine , and ended up takin it to court , there evidence would fail.

Get the same kinda problems with tinted passenger windows... Young lad gets pulled over & fined £60 for tinted door windows. Do the same police pull over factory standard BMW X5 jeeps that come with a full all round tint ?.. do they shite.

Gynx said:
Sure the law only classes a "visible" source of light a "visible bulb". in which case Neons , arnt....

To be honest , i dont think there illegal. I just think that the police will pull you over and fine you simply because they dont like neons and to show that they can. Bet if you refused to take the points/fine , and ended up takin it to court , there evidence would fail.

Get the same kinda problems with tinted passenger windows... Young lad gets pulled over & fined £60 for tinted door windows. Do the same police pull over factory standard BMW X5 jeeps that come with a full all round tint ?.. do they shite.

Personally I think there are far worse things to be worrying about than whether somebody has neons on they're car. Although IMO they're tacky and unoriginal now. You even get bloody mopeds with em on round my way!

The new tint laws have also gone to the extreme. I can understand very dark tints where you can't see out clearly and its even worse at night but light to medium smokes are hardly a problem.

Zetetic said:
Even worse are LED/neon washer jets. That is the height of nova tackiness.
agreed on them , awful looking things.

Although they definatly are illegal , as you cant display a blue light off the front of ur car unless ur an emergency vehicle.

Back
Top Bottom