Ashaman's Almera 1.6 SR N15

We just did a group buy for these coilovers. Let us know how you get on with them mate.

Thanks NNissan!

I know some of you made a group buy on these coilovers a little while ago. I bough mine on ebay, from New Zeland.
I'll probably take som pictures when I put them on, so I can post some of them here if you guys want.
I'm going to check the alignment and camber too.

I'll let you guys know if I have some trouble on the way, so you don't have to get them as well!

Here is a couple of pics form todays work. I'll post some more tomorow, I'm just too tired to do so now.

IMG_1393.png

IMG_1400.png

The car is really good to drive now, and it's sertanly lower than before. :D

Finally sorted the pictures, so here we go.

Mounting the rear coilovers:
IMG_1373.png

IMG_1383.png

IMG_1378.png

Adjusted it to a random hight the first time, result was way to low, hehe:
IMG_1381.png

Final hight at the moment, I may need to adjust it a bit higher later:
IMG_1391.png

Mounting the front coilovers:
IMG_1396.png

IMG_1398.png

IMG_1399.png

Had a complete check on camnber and everything. Was very bad befor we adjusted it.
IMG_1409.png

Before and after mounting the coilovers:
IMG_1366.png
IMG_1424.png

I was very plesed with te result. Besides, it was sooo easy to do! I think it's one of the simplest thing I've done on my car! The front ones was the easiest to do, in the rear we had to remove a lot of cloth and some metal brackets that hid the top mounting.

I'll get back to you with a little tip later. I only encounter one tiny problem while mounting the coilvoers, so I'll find a pic to show you later.

- Ashaman

So, how do you explane that they are marked with the year '97? Didn't the ph2 come in '98 and was sold until 2000? :) However, they are the same as the ph2, but they come from a VZ-R or Luciano (not quite shore) in Japan. But the picture with the Xenon shows it with ph1 headlights on the car.

Could have been made in 97. They arent specific to a lucino like rear lights are. Its more a case of a lucino was fitted with P2 lights than the other way around.

@Corbs - Well... it dosn't really matter to me if the lights are JDM or not. The seller stated it was, but the main thing to me is that they look better than the old ones. :D

@inahole - Rust? Thers a lot of rust on my car... And I see that there's more after every winter with salty roads, that's something that kills both me and the car. I hope to get some of it sorted this summer, but I'll have to see what can be done about it.

Over to the tip I wanted to give those of you that's going to mount coilovers soon:
The rear coilovers need to be installed the right way to actually fit. It doesn't take long to turn them around if it's done wrong, but it's easier if it's done right the first time.
If you take a look at the lower end of the coilover you can see that the bushing isn't symetric. It should be placed as shown in the picture below. The side that sticks more out should be turned against the brakedisk.
IMG_1386.png

Fixed a couple of minor problems on the car today, like changed a screw which I broke earlier when I was thinking about adjusting the lights... Then I adjusted the light to the correct hight, and fixed the indicator light (a connector was out of place... hehe.)

I've also painted the heatprotection for the manifoild, later I will wash the engieroom and paint the top:

Also had a little photoshoot with the car, just for fun. :p (Click the pictures to see a bigger version.)

Thanks mate!

Forgot to mention that if there's good weather tomorrow, I'll be hightening my car about 1cm in the rear, since the tire rubs when I have one passenger in the back... (only in bumps in the road though)
And I will also start to make a custom fiberglass subwoofer case. I have almost no experience with this, but I'll learn as I go, hopefully anyways. :D

I emptied the rear the other day:
11082009001.jpg

Then i made a propping in tape, it was time for a fiberglass sub. :D
11082009006.jpg

Started to add the resin and fiberglass, the first layer is a woven fiberglass sheet:
11082009007.jpg

After a really bad start the second day, I actualle tore out the second layer, but when I did things a different way it went much better.
I started to use sheets of "normal" fiberglass instead of the woven one, this resulted in a much better result!

I lay down two more layers and then I removed the (cast?):
IMG_1753.png

IMG_1756.png

IMG_1757.png

This is where I stand now. I don't have anymore resin at the moment, so I have to get some more before I can continue. But the plan is to lay down 3 more layer, and then cut the thing to size. Then it's time to make the front.
I'll update when the time comes.

What do you guys think?

Thanks!

Well, it's been a while, but I've done quite a bit since the last time:
23082009001.jpg

05092009.jpg

05092009001.jpg

26092009002.jpg

Just need to do a couple of touch ups here and there, and I'm also waiting for a RF Punsh 12" to put in there.
(The amp is hidden in the floor, sitting on top of the sparewheel.)

Hi mate just been lookin at ya thread. Lookin good mate. I like ya boot install. couious as to how it'll sound compared to wooden box. not sure how well fibreglass resonates the bass. Keep up good work mate.

Back
Top Bottom