Australia's First VZ-R

just thought i'd post an update on andrews behalf....

we had a dyno day here in sydney, and andrew had pretty much just got the N1 off the truck the day before.

his blue VZ-R ran 93.1kw atw
his white N1 ran 93.7kw atw

heya!

back on board with updates... got some track photos, photoshoot photos.. and dyno results...

will post them up and explain them when i get a chance!! I really should try get back online more often than every month!!

track day!

Oran Park GP - 1'30.3

Plenty of room for improvement with that best lap involving me missing 3rd gear on the final lead up to the straight. Overall though it was a great day. It's a really nimble car around the track. It was a bit nose heavy with the suspension balance probably a bit off. I was pretty happy with the car's performance overall though!

IMG_9377Large.jpg

IMG_9380Large.jpg

IMG_9382Large.jpg

IMG_9383Large.jpg

IMG_9405Large.jpg

IMG_9500Large.jpg

IMG_9501Large.jpg

as shaggy said..

its our motorsport body regulations..

any forward facing glass must have covering to stop glass shatter (stones, objects, accidents)
location of the battery must be indicated by a blue triangle (on the bonnet)
fire extinguisher must be securely fitted within reach of the driver

They only apply for Events that count towards series/pointscores and are approved for proper timing by the National Motorsport Regulatory body. Normal track days or private events are not so stringent.

its not road registered yet... but I do have it now in the same city as me waiting for the final paperwork to be signed off...

I'll get some pics of it up soon.

Big congrats Shiny-Blue.

You're Blue VZR went through auction the same time as I bought my Black one. Think it was the week before but I was sickened I missed it!

May she wear well!!!

a lot of N1s make similar or less power than the regular VZ-Rs

my N1 had been sitting undriven for about 18 months before putting it on the dyno and was completely stock from spark plugs through to intake and exhaust.. It felt extremely restricted.... That.. and some idiot (me) when changing rocker covers missed the fact that the spark plug well seals were missed and the wells were completely filled with oil... There was also oil through a majority of the intake...

After clearing that out it seems to be running much smoother... I'm sure once I have a good look at the car, some good oil and run it a bit more it'll start to open it up a bit more..

congrats on your achievements so far with this and all the best for the future

Back
Top Bottom