Back in an N15

Looks like a ice car Ian, your plans are much the same as mine :)

Went to fit a proper gti steering wheel today..........i found this on the old wheel:

Picture223438.jpg

Wot no airbag! lol.

I should have noticed that there was no airbag light coming on.... all the wiring had been bodged to the horn and the wires cut to the airbag.

Blimey, so no airbag since probably 2001, that'll be how they kept it under the pre-accident value! My mum wrote off a 96 primera in 2001, she was told had the airbag not deployed it would have been fixed

I got hold of a lovely AAS 2.25" mandrel catback with a custom 2.5" downpipe that fits the standard header. It has true mandrel bends, none of this odds and ends welded together. Its amazing the difference a free flowing exhaust makes!....it feels so much quicker!....possibly louder than my previous set-up as it's hard to tell when you have full interior etc.

On a downer the cluch is now slipping, so i'm on the hunt for a slighty lighter VZR flywheel + a new clutch.

yeh i couldn't believe the difference my 3 inch exhaust made on an otherwise standard sr18 - even with standard manifold!

sounds good ian, bring on the light fly, clutch...and fully built motor :P

Lol the most i'll go with now is some uprated cams. The standard suspension feels so good as well, so that'll stay stock bar a few bushes.

the N15 is made better with little effort, zero need to go mad with the GTi to make it a fun drive.

im liking where your heads at right now Ian - modded eBay header & cams next please - pure 'bolt-on' goodness
david

I doubt i`ll even get a different header David. The downpiope alone appears to have freed up alot of HP. I`d consider some uprated cams at the right price.

How did you get the 3" to seal as i bought a 3" once and couldnt get gaskets to sit right. they were fine to front pipe but to cat back seals were too big to fit right?

Back
Top Bottom