Bucket seats

I'm sick of getting thrown about in these crap seats in the Autech.

It's going to be even worse when it's on coilovers :(

I had a go at searching, but not alot came up. Anyway, what's the best way to fit some better seats to the N15.

Use the N15 sub-frames and make up some plates to sit between the frame and the seat? Can get some welded up etc.

Any ideas?

I've got some mate that I bought ages off Kelv i'll take some pics tomorrow for you cos I have no purpose for them now

when i bought my sparco seat it had a Bride Corolla ae101 subframe. the 2 inner holes matched up,all i nad to do was make up to outer ones. Piece of piss really.

I got a Nissan maxima subframe off ebay 3 of the 4 bolts were ok the other needed slight modification.

Got some Cobra Monaco's - 2 seats with frames etc (not sure what they're for) for £160. They look brand new, no marks or wear, so chuffed! :D

Cobra_Monaco_stol_stor.jpg

Yeah I know they're blue, so are the ones I bought - but for £160 for a pair of mint seats and rails etc I'm not bothered about the colour.

Will order up some Sparco harnesses and strip the rear out yay :D

have got some almera subframes that used to have cobra monaco seats on them, so will be a direct fit for you. no good to me so if your interested let me know, may aswell have some money for them than have them lying around.

from memory there GTiR cobra subframes modified to fit an almera, were in consetts car a while back i think, then corbs had them and sold them to me, i sold the seats to a mate with a micra so obviously the subframes were no good to him, and i have no intention of keeping the almera or having bucket seats so no good to me either.

So the outer one closer to the door is the same?

Could I not use spacers of some sort to fit the inner rail?

I tried to see if the Autech rails would come away from the seat, but looks pretty complicated :rolleyes:

Right, I got the rails away from the seat and the existing 4 seat base holes line up with my OMP buckets. however, one cant sit flush due to the design of the existing rails. I then fitted them in anyway, and they sit so high you can barely get your legs under the wheel. Plus, the base isnt strong enough to support the seat on those 4 bolts alone (there is 3 others which support the back of the seat in the standard seat). So that well and truely rules out using the standard rails

I dont understand what your on about alan, about subframes being longer/shorter, the bolt holes in the floor of the N15 will be the same across the range from a 1.4 shitter/1.6 VZR/N1/autech/GTI, is part of the chassis and I cant see autech changing something like that for any reason at all. The only mount that could be moved easily without too much fuss would be the rear one conected to the exhaust tunnel, as thats more of a braket welded on whereas the others are strengthened holes in the floor

Back
Top Bottom