Darchitect's SR20VE N1

Watching you start it at jae and the large cloud of smoke that came out when it did.. Its be burning oil.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Could be valve stem oil seals , but running an engine that long without mapping is asking for trouble.

Changed a few things lately but only minor stuff and will update the first post later. As for now, I'm stuck in a rut with a minor and major problem. The minor is that it's still squealing from the high water I drove it through last December and after half a can WD40 fluid, it's not going away. It doesn't seem like the belts but the noise is coming from the A/C compressor area. The major problem is the issue for engaging gears yet again :-(

At the moment, I have 69,000 washers on the cable just to get moving and as you can imagine, the pedal is really fucking hard to press. It's only a matter of time before the clutch cable snaps or I annihilate another pedal bracket!

The last time this happened, I discovered that the clutch fork had snapped and not because the clutch disc had gone. I bought a replacement clutch and used the new kit anyway seeing as it's a big job (for me) to put the gearbox back together.

Surely this shouldn't happen again after only 4 years? The mind boggling thing about both these episodes is that the clutch never slips. Should I assume that the fork has shat itself again OR does anybody reckon I have a dodgy gearbox?

I will need some help again on taking it apart as I don't have the right tools or physical ability to do it myself if anybody local is free? I also don't have a job so if you don't mind me paying you back some other time that would be a bonus :(

Thanks in advanced for the replies

Hmm... I'll try changing the cable first then and get back to you on that.

If I have to take the box off again then I may as well upgrade to something better. VZR boxes with short shafts aren't exactly easy to get hold of and I wouldn't know what to look for to get P11-144 box (are there any obvious signs/difference between these boxes)?

I prefer the stiffer clutch feel compared to the lighter hydraulic set up,i personally feel i have much better feel (bite point)

Thought I'd do a little free mod whilst being bored waiting for a gearbox. Gloss painted the fog light inners, what do peeps think?

Black_fog2_zps8c3b53a5.jpg

Black_fog1_zpsf2d897ea.jpg

Yes the light isn't as good but still bright enough to illuminate the road (I guess the HIDs help) and Yes, it's because I'm bored.

I'll trial it for a while and vinyl the chrome back if I get even more bored.

Back
Top Bottom