Diesel wont start from cold

Hi can anyone help? My Almera TD SE (2002 model) was off the road for 8 weeks. And now it will only start with Ether spray. Once it is running it will start every time. Its just in the mornings whenit is cold. I just spent £200 on new glow plugs so it isn't them.

Welcome to the AOC

I was going to say glow plugs, but thats done. Could be some kind of choking problem, but not sure.

Diesels are mostly crap on cold mornings.

Pop it to your local garage, they should be able to sort it out.

Hi M8,
Have you tried that diesel Redex stuff? Could be that your injectors could be partially blocked. If so, after starting give it a good old blat down the motorway that should help clear things up.

Modern diesels aren't crap on cold mornings. Even my older diesel starts well enough and I know that one glowplug isn't working at all. Btw, it cost me £22 for a set for it.

Have you checked that there is actually power to the plugs when the glowplug light is on ??

Yo! that is a very good n improtant point. Check you are getting full power going to your glow plugs. Ther could be a bad earth somewhere or just a bad connection on your glow plug lead.

Hey i have this problem, does it start after a minute or so winding it?

Back
Top Bottom