Dome Light Earth Problem

Hi Guys New To This Forum
I recently installed puddle LED's in my wheel arches,Wired to dome light they worked for a few days then they all stopped working,No bulbs or fuses have blown,I have installed an earth from dome light to driver door switch but they only work when the door is open & only the driver door and no timer delay either
They used to work when I pressed the key fob on my alarm (K9 Classic)
So my question is,does anyone know what the problem could be and if it is an earth issue,where is that earth located?(tmier delay door swtch interior dome light)
Thanks in advance guys

2000 Reg N16 Almera Saloon

Lol, don't let them get to you.

I guess these are a bit too close to underbody neons for some people's tastes but I've done the unneccessary LED thing before and I suspect some of the other members have too.

The AOC attitude can be summed up as "if you are worried about puddles buy some wellies."

If the dome light works as expected it's probably an issue with the puddle light kit. Could be as simple as a loose connection.

1) Remove kit.
2) Reinstall (optional).

Lol, don't let them get to you.

I guess these are a bit too close to underbody neons for some people's tastes but I've done the unneccessary LED thing before and I suspect some of the other members have too.

The AOC attitude can be summed up as "if you are worried about puddles buy some wellies."

If the dome light works as expected it's probably an issue with the puddle light kit. Could be as simple as a loose connection.

1) Remove kit.
2) Reinstall (optional).

I thought as much lol
Yea thats the problem,I think an earth went somewhere while they were installed and when I uninstalled the LED's,I had nothing,so I wired an earth to the door switch from the dome light,all lights work but only when the driver door is opened,not any other door the way it should
So really what info I need is where or how to find the original earth for the dome light to rectify the problem mate

Unfortunately factory service manual doesn't specify, just shows it goes to ground.
Guess it's a case of taking the headlining out and tracing it.

Unless there is a relay in the kit triggered off the dome earth having current it shouldn't matter where you ground it.

If it worked and now it doesn't something has come adrift.

No relay,I put 4 separate LED strips together,all connections are inside the car,back two are in the boot,front two are at the bulk head inside the engine bay and the dome connection to the 4 LED strips is under the plastic at the door,(all are sealed with insulating tape)
Only place I can think of is a the fuse box but thats like spaghetti junction!!

hey bud i may be able to help you out here, i wired my interior foot well lighting up on the timer which i think your wanting. Here's a link to how i did it hope it helps http://www.almeraownersclub.com/threads/foot-well-lighting-how-to.46703/
Hey pal thanx for the pic diagram but I had already wired up to the single dome light in the center of the ceiling and I have seemed to have blown the timer so nothing works as it should,
I have wired an earth from the driver door switch to the center dome light just so I can have a light that works,but only if I open the driver door will it operate,no other door will activate the dome. Apparently if the timer fails,it stops the light from working on entry as well as unlock doors

What I need to find out is, where is the timer & how to fix it,I think there is a resister or a small diode that can be replaced other than paying a dealer 300+ euro's for a new timer delay switch

But thanx again :)

Back
Top Bottom