dyno run

i had my ga14 on the rolling road today to see what she was running and i am quite supprised on the figures i recived.
i was told that the gear box was a bit juddery :(
wasnt to impressed at the wheel figure.
CIMG2477.jpg

You do know you loose hp through the fly/gearbox/driveshafts/wheels etc dont you lol

Thats a good result IMO

yeah i no. my gear box is a bit of a pain getting in to gear some times. but im not sure when the clutch was last changed or if the clutch needs adjusting. i have changed the gear box oil. would you loose bhp through bushes being worn?

Not bad at all chap, did the operator say anything more?
Also am I right in thinking that max bhp and max whp aren’t always at the same rpm?

cheers bagger and looking at the graph it doesnt look like it but i cant say as this was my first rolling road :)

---------- Post added at 19:21 ---------- Previous post was at 19:20 ----------

also about the (operator saying anything more) no not reli just the gear box was juddery

hi folks, I am completely new to this game and forum, had my first car for only a couple of months, which is a N15 ambition five door 1.6 any ideas on what type of horse power it should be pumping out from factory?
my baby has 60,000 miles and sadly is completely standard.
I think that 1.4 is doing relatively well.
thanks for any input

Nice one Steve thanks for the spec, I have been trying to find exactly what my model should have been out of the box the Parkers used car website was saying around that, would be nice to get on dyno before I start tinkering. but 99BHP isn't too bad in the grand scheme of things.

o yeah just rememberd the guy who rolling roaded my car said that he thinks the car has a speed limiter because it got to 120mph in 5th on the rollers and once it hit 120mph it like flat lined, didnt drop at all? is that to do with not enough power to keep going or does it have a speed limiter

Liking them figures mate :VVL:, underestimated wee engine, seems about a 10bhp increase in hp with the s/s header, which is pretty danm good.

haven't had my 1.4 on the dyno(no point really as it's standard), but whatever i've had a little fun with on the road, it seem's to be accurate enought compared to their book hp figures, so can't really complain :)

any pics of your car steve dont see many almeras around in cornwall...just got a gti im slowly fixing up...got a load of bits of a scrappage gti from my work that had done 50,000 miles and was immaculate....what a waste...never been to richard bros what does it cost to get on the rollers?

o yeah just rememberd the guy who rolling roaded my car said that he thinks the car has a speed limiter because it got to 120mph in 5th on the rollers and once it hit 120mph it like flat lined, didnt drop at all? is that to do with not enough power to keep going or does it have a speed limiter

Only JDM imports have a speed limiter, which is 112mph, (would show at about 120 on the clock though)
Post up some pictures of your car....
Joe
Joe

this is how she started
DSC00059.jpg

DSC00060.jpg

then changed wheels and headlights
PIC_0155.jpg

DSC00079.jpg

then rear lights rear bumper and boot lid and strippage :D
PIC_0166.jpg

PIC_0170.jpg

PIC_0162.jpg

then got a free front bumper (needs re-spray)
PIC_0173.jpg

front and rear strut (induction kit is now removed)
PIC_0177.jpg

PIC_0198.jpg

then de-globing of the indicators
PIC_0206.jpg

de badging and removal of the rear wiper
PIC_0204.jpg

then s/s manifold
PIC_0207.jpg

PIC_0213.jpg

this is how she stands today minus the rubing strips
PIC_0176.jpg

I tihnk hardc0res old 1.4 was running about 70 at the wheels - Pretty good for 1.4, u shud be chuffed - Them engines are gr8

Back
Top Bottom