Ed's SRi

Thought it was about time to post some pics and info on my car.

It's a Phase 1 SRi 1.6. I've had it for over a year now.

Mods -

17" Alloy Wheels
K&N Induction Kit
Remus Backbox
Phase 2 Headlights (Non-GTi)
Phase 2 Rear Lights
Phase 2 Indicators (GTi & De-globed)
Clear Side Repeaters
Rear Windows Tinted Limo Black
Smoked Black Wind Deflectors
Blue LED Dash
2 x 10" 500w Subs & 1000w Amp
SRi Badge on Grille

Planned Mods (If anybody has any of these parts for sale at a good price let me know) -

Front/Rear Splitter
Phase 2 Fog Lights
GTi Headlights (Spray)
Paint Rear Light Surround Black
Sideskirts
Modified Front Grille
Replace Horns
30-40mm Suspension Drop

Almost all of the mods have been done myself, I got the car standard apart from the Remus backbox.
I GTi'd and de-globed some standard phase 2 indicators, I'm quite impressed with the result :)

This is after I'd fitted the clear side repeaters and wind deflectors, apart from those it's standard -

DSC00927.jpg

Halfway through GTi'ing and de-globing the indicators -

12122008090.jpg

Halfway through fitting the phase 2 headlights -

28122008188.jpg

Some pics I took after the last wash, with all current mods listed -

30122008194.jpg

30122008196.jpg

30122008197.jpg

30122008201.jpg

30122008202.jpg

30122008203.jpg

Some pics with the new wheels and phase 2 lights -

21012009244.jpg

21012009245.jpg

21012009243.jpg

Sorry for the quality, it was raining and my car was dirty! Also, someone clipped my mirror the other day and there went the backing plate...

There you go :thumbs:

Feel free to give me any suggestions or ask any questions.

I'll get some more pics soon, and I'll keep this thread updated with any mods/changes to the car.

Yeah, I have considered GTi alloys, if some came up at the right price I would snap them up.

It looks a bit higher than it actually is in those pics due to them all being taken in my drive on a fairly steep slope, I'll get some pics with it on the flat soon.

Nice example Ed! Some Gti alloys in white or black depending on how you want the car to look would suit it just right.;)

small wheels matey, no bigger than 16" if you want to keep the handling. coilovers sort the ride height out if you want it low with small wheels

Very nice car mate !!! :)

They look so nice in black - i missed out on a black SRi when i was looking for my car -i wasn't quick enougth lol

Yeh definetly have it lowered !!! - ive got Weitech 30/35 mm springs on mine and the difference in handling is amazing !!!

How effective is your K&N induction kit ? - and what does the remus back box sound like ?

Dan

Nice car, looks clean enough! If your after some standard alloys i'm sure theres a set on the For Sale section for £80.

*edit*

I see you've already asked about them.

Cheers guys :D

Yeah, I'm considering some GTi alloys in black, I'm not sure if white would look better?

How effective is your K&N induction kit ? - and what does the remus back box sound like ?

I'm not sure what you mean by effective? I can't say that I can tell much of a noticable difference in power, I've got a cold air feed in the grille running straight to the filter too.

Although it does sound very good, you can hear the 'whoosh' as it sucks in the air, it also gives it a deeper exhaust note. with the K&N combined with the Remus backbox it's not overly loud but it sounds quite deep and powerful, not at all crackly/poppy/rattly. (Although I do like crackly poppy exhausts :lol2:)

My first update, done a couple more bits now :D

I've fitted some phase 2 rear lights and some brand new phase 1 front fog lights complete with bolt covers, it's looking good.

I'm going to pick up some 17" Ripspeed multi-spoke alloys either today or tomorrow. I've got them for a really good price with brand new tyres so I couldn't resist! I've ordered some spigot rings too. Once they arrive and the alloys are fitted I'll wash the car and take some more photos for you to see.

Check out the new pics on the first page with the wheels and phase 2 lights :D

I fittted the wheels today and I'm extremely pleased with them, it doesn't look too tractor like either! (Bare in mind it's on a hill on the photos) The steering feels more precise and the grip is better, I can't say I've noticed much of a difference in the ride quality either :)

Sort of a weird yellow tinge in the middle of the wheels. Is that right? Keep the mods coming :thumb:

I'm sorry, but those wheels are awful.

They look like they are trying to be more expensive than they are, and as a result make your mid 90's hatchback look silly.

Gotta agree with corbs on this one, the wheels seem far to blingy a sensible set of multi spoke rims would have finished the job of nicely!

Back
Top Bottom