Engine horsepower?

I used to look on my log book and find the KW output then convert it to BHP using tools on the internet. that gives u the BHP urs will have

P11 GT,s Do have a precat/resinator in the maniflod mate, my P11 SRi did and so does the P11 GT i have now.

Anybody explain how the GT has around 150 bhp whereas the N15 GTi only has around 140 bhp. I know all about the differences between the 130 bhp sri p11 engine and the GT version but unsure of the prim to almera differences, ta

Some do but most don`t.

The N15 GTi has 143bhp.
The P11 GT 150ps which is 148bhp.

The ONLY physical difference between the 2 that could give extra or less HP is the pre-cat.

strange on the manifold thing then is this is why so many of us went for the hotshot header option all them years ago before they started making similar headers in the uk (and hotshot went bust). It was the precat/resinator that was such a prob due to a huge restriction on the breathing and causing excess backpressure.

so would have very similar power but due to power to weight ratio the Almera would be the quickest off the mark (only asking as the missus owns a P11 GT and she thinks hers is faster as its bigger and we ain,t about to go racing just to find out,lol)

I'm not to sure on BHP but I can find out but there are different version of the engine depending on which market took what.

The UK market only took the the DE version and not the DE VTC version of the engine. BTW DE is injected and DS is Carb but there was never a carb version used on the N15. Also there is a GA 15DE.
As for EGR I not 100% sure the first of P1 all had it but I know they did on p2 and p3 models due to the emissions.

Now P11, far as I'm aware the the SR20 De didn't have a pre cat but the SR20DE did have a pre cat

iirc the De has less aggro cams, different ECU and maybe a couple of other bits and bobs, doesnt it also have a totally different intake? im sure it has the airbox on top of the throttle body like the GA's have

iirc the De has less aggro cams, different ECU and maybe a couple of other bits and bobs, doesnt it also have a totally different intake? im sure it has the airbox on top of the throttle body like the GA's have

You are thinking more of the SR20DI

sure teh 14DS or 16DS is carb as a friend banger races the old 1.6 primeras, informs me they are carbed.

SR20DE is the more powerful of the two engines between it and the SR20De, the gains are produced by a different set of cams, ecu set to rev out at a higher rpm, a sports catalyst and downpipe from manifold is a twin pipe design instead of a single. all this gives a gain of around 20 bhp over the De unit.

The DE is fitted to all GT and eGT versions and some SE versions of the primera. All other 2.0 primeras with the SR engine have the lower power version (De) including the Sri,s .

Tech1 I though DS engines were single point injection and the DE engines were multi point.
Ivan

S = Carb
I= single point injecting

P10 was only Di and not P11

SR20DE is the more powerful of the two engines between it and the SR20De, the gains are produced by a different set of cams, ecu set to rev out at a higher rpm, a sports catalyst and downpipe from manifold is a twin pipe design instead of a single. all this gives a gain of around 20 bhp over the De unit.

The DE is fitted to all GT and eGT versions and some SE versions of the primera. All other 2.0 primeras with the SR engine have the lower power version (De) including the Sri,s .

Nearly correct, there are also 3 versions of the SR20DE, DEH, DEL and High port. The GT took the DEH engine and the SE took the DEH and DEL engine. All the rest took the DEL. eZX and eGT and very early N15 gti took the high port version.

Back
Top Bottom