Engine management light - then goes in to limp mode.

Hi guys,

I'm looking at buying a 2003 almera flare, the thing is it drives fine for a little while then the engine management light comes on and the car goes into limp mode, any ideas on what could be causing this issue?

i think maybe it could be the o2 sensor needs replacing the air flow metre or the engine temperature sensor?

let me know what you guys think and if its an easy / cheap fix

Cheers.

Is this the white one from ebay?

Looks clean enough.

Mafs are common failure on these engines.Unplug the maf and then see if you notice any improvement,when you unplug it you will have to give the engine some gas at first or it will stall.

Chains also prone for stretching.

Hi guys,

I'm looking at buying a 2003 almera flare, the thing is it drives fine for a little while then the engine management light comes on and the car goes into limp mode, any ideas on what could be causing this issue?

i think maybe it could be the o2 sensor needs replacing the air flow metre or the engine temperature sensor?

let me know what you guys think and if its an easy / cheap fix

Cheers.

The whole point of an engine light is to get the codes read, and then hopefully diagnose the problem. You could change parts on the off change, or pay a few quid for garage to pin point the issue.

It might be on eBay, I've seen it on autotrder, and yeah it's immaculate, I'll have to get hold of a dionostocs machine then should make things easier, although if it is the Maf then it should be a fairly cheep fix and I'll have myself a bargin

I didn't read you hadn't purchased the car yet. Sorry. Yes get a reader....anything chain related avoid like the plague.

haha ok cheers guys, hopefully viewing the car on thursday and have got hold of a diagnostics machine :) fingers crossed its an easy fix

Back
Top Bottom