Estate??!!!!

As some of you know I have a 5 door Almera. I am sick of people telling me it looks like an estate. Anybody have any tips for me that I can do to make it look less estate like?Someone mentioned the rear quarter panel any ideas?

Get door poppers for the rear doors and remove and smooth off the handles on them.
Check out "Andy S" outstanding example.
Black out the pillars black (unless your car is black!).

How do you suggest blacking out the pillars? I looked into doing this a while ago but I found nothing that was suitable so I gave up...

I'm getting my pillars blacked out by a local graphics company probably.

Either way, the 5 doors look like estates as theyre long as a truck. There's a silver 5 door N16 round here with roof bars that i actually thought was an estate when i first saw it.

No they mean the pillars in between the windows, have a look at andys car when he had that done, smoothing the rear handles off made one hell of a difference.
Technically the 3 and 5 doors are the exact same dimensions, it's just that you have the winding window, then the fixed window in the door, then the rearmost side window, gives the impression of length. So blacking out the pillars makes them blend a bit better. Only the N15 saloons are longer, hence why GTi sideskirts, bumpers and tailgates will fit a 5 door but the rear bumper wont fit the saloon. :)

Just mask off the other areas and paint the area between windows :)
Be a man and face the fact the car's not got a resale value anyway :)
Joe

Back
Top Bottom