Finally, my 97 SRi

Finaly got a digital camera, so took some photos after washing the car on christmas day (I was so bored!)

PICT1131.jpg

PICT1136.jpg

PICT1140.jpg

PICT1141.jpg

PICT1138.jpg

PICT1106.jpg

PICT1129.jpg

PICT1108.jpg

PICT1107.jpg

PICT1133.jpg

PICT1134.jpg

PICT1110.jpg

PICT1137.jpg

Looks good alan, i think i may have seen your car earlier today going to halfords.Good work

Yeah I saw you too. I was queued for about 20 mins trying to get into the car park, its been insane the last few days! so busy.

whoa! that's my mates old car! lol i recognised the numberplate on your pics, didnt it used to have tints all round and a 5 inch tailpipe? looks nice restored to its former glory like! good job :) i like the wheels too, look alot like the GTi standard ones, looks like a completely different car!

nice job mate:)
Kelv

Yeah its Frans old one, I bought it off him at the end of Jan 05. I took the tints off cos I basically couldnt see out! :lol:
The bumper still has the chunk out of it to fit that tailpipe,it was huge!

haha the tints were a bit hazardous! i had them on mine too though :$ can you tell us anything about the air filter then? price/sound etc, it looks VERY massive, and im impressed lol

Tints are definetly restrictive :D And I even went as far as tinting my rear lights on my old almera(what a mistake)I was almost rearended loads of times!
When I got the GTi I thought sod it,Will just keep this one pretty standard and concentrated mainly on performance this time around.But hey,to each there own :P

Klv said:
haha the tints were a bit hazardous! i had them on mine too though :$ can you tell us anything about the air filter then? price/sound etc, it looks VERY massive, and im impressed lol

Well its a BMC CDA, its quiet at low revs are fairly loud at high revs. Its sucking air from down behind the fog light. Without the feed pipe on, its really loud! I noticed that my acceleration was instantly smoother with it on, unlike the big cone filter that was on previous to that! I got it 3rd hand from a friend for £60, it was originally for a Fiat Merea.

Tints are definetly restrictive And I even went as far as tinting my rear lights on my old almera(what a mistake)I was almost rearended loads of times!When I got the GTi I thought sod it,Will just keep this one pretty standard and concentrated mainly on performance this time around.But hey,to each there own

Yeah, the tints on it looked good but I nearly ran over someone who was trying to cross infront of me at a junction and at night it was like driving a van. I was just waiting to get pulled over really! Im just concentrating on performance too, which is maybe a waste cos its a 1.6 but I may as well stick with it now. It used to have 17s on but they were a bit battered and the ride was harsh.

how are you finding the 15"s then? i know you posted in the thread i asked about it in in the General forum, I mean your car looks alot cooler with them on rather than they did with Fran's multispokes on i reckon, and i imagine you can drive it with alot more confidence?

i can only think of positives for buying 15" lol, they're cheaper, are better for handling, look nicer (imo) and are miles cheaper for tyre buying! and hopefully i wont curb them as much!

I've just convinced myself to join your 15" campaign.

I find them alot better, I cant feel cats eyes so much anymore, accelerates faster and obviously the tyres are nearly brand new as well. I also found out the tyres on the 17s were too narrow, the rims were probably designed for something like 215 or wider, cos the tyre profile was weird, the tyre seemed to curve in towards the top. Hence the rims were minced from kerbs.
Just try and get some standard 15s or maybe some OZ Super Turismos in 15".

i cant be arsed to read so sorry if its already been asked but do you notice any diff with the header and the filter? i personally would have put the money you spent on the parts and part ex'd yours for an sri, you would have noticed more of a diff. not to diss your car like coz its a nice one, nice and neat and subtle but it looks good:) i have spent far too much money on my si and regret it now, could have part ex'd it for something much better.
sorry again if it seems liek im pissing on your parade or owt, coz im not meanin to.
anyway notice the diff??

Lol it is an SRI ! Its cool, it would make more sense to get a GTI than what ive spent on this. But I cant be bothered tryign to sell it to get a 2.0 so im just going to carry on doing what I can to it.
I plan to get a phantom grip LSD converter, unorthodox crank pulley, fidanza flywheel, FSE and new clutch. After that, theres not much else I can do really.

Back
Top Bottom