Finally, my 97 SRi

heres a picture of my car after meeting a van on a big patch of mud where tractors cross the road.

muddycar.jpg

My Dial Surround

DSC03016.jpg

I did this a while ago, but just got a picture the other day. I took the dial unit apart and sprayed the surround silver and then put it all back together, looks nice at night as the light from the dials lightes it up alot and it glows around the edges

My Air Intake, big pipercross bell mouth thing bolted to the inside of the wheel arch
DSC03027.jpg

The BMC CDA where the flexi from the mouth thing connects to, you can also see the FSE FPR
DSC03025.jpg

Thermalogic Heat wrapped Hotshot Manifold
DSC03026.jpg

This is what the engine bay currently looks like
DSC03024.jpg

Rotor Discs and GTi Calipers
DSC03021.jpg

The boring interior picture
DSC03023.jpg

DSC03020.jpg

Looking good alan... but...

BMC CDA?
Blue Rocker Cover?
Front Strut Bar?
...Looks like my engine bay! ;)

And to top it all, i've just ordered the pipercross funnel as well!!! :D
However, its nice and subtle, I really like the look of it!! (y)

Looks awesome mate, completely different to when Fran had it!

Must be pretty fast too! I might buy a BMC like, although they dont make much noise do they, hmm.

But yeah,well impressed :D

looks very nice mate, the engine bays coming along very well!! did you notice much of an improvement with the manifold and induction!?

Yeah, I had an open filter before the BMC, but putting the BMC on it felt so much smoother when accelerating.
Took me a while to notice a difference with the manifold. The exhaust note got a bit deeper though, and eventually I realised it was a bit nippier in the higher gears.

your cars looking awesome, when i got my (i think it was one you sould me actually) manifold fitted before my exhaust i noticed it quite abit car revved alot easier. think it makes a big difference if your cruising along then plant the accelerator picks up alot better....probably cuz its not being choked

SRi's looking good Alan: Wanna sell?

How's my old Autech coming on? tell me how you're getting on and what you've done since you picked her up in Inverness.... Enjoy driving her???

Its coming on great. Its got a few running problems, one was a loos wire into the alternator but in general I think it could just be the age of the car and the cams in it. It needs a good 10-15 mins to warm up fully but after that its fine! Its so much better than the SRi, just keeps pulling all the way to the redline.
I added a P1 rear splitter and spoiler to it not long after I bought it from you. Ive got a fidanza flywheel and 95 BTCC head from the Janspeed team spares package to fit. Hoping after this it should be able to keep up with a CTR, my future plans for it, ive no idea. Once the SRi's back on track i'll be using that more and then have the Autech for track use.

Nice SRI mate, looks very smart n subtle.

Just wondering, have you got any bhp figures recorded with them parts fitted? (manifold, bmc etc) I think someone mentioned around 125bhp on here?..

cheers

br3n said:

?Are you refering to the large in yer face rally style spotlights being unsubtle? :confused: if so, i agree these arent subtle, but I meant subtle as in theres no massive bumpers or bodykit etc ;)

they are usable though! Alan lives at the top of a mountain in Scotland and i think it snows lots!

I think they look cool anyway :O my mates sunny SR has optional extra lights that come on with main beam so when he flashes people it looks really aggressive, my bumpers too small to fit any though!

yeah the spots are for winter. trying to navigate 2m wide roads with ice walls at either side after the snow ploughs been through is quite difficult, hopefully these will light up the countryside a bit better.

Dale: Ive never had it RR'd and I guessed at 125, but Im not sure, I think 125 might have been a bit too optimistic.

sri_alan said:
Its coming on great. Its got a few running problems, one was a loos wire into the alternator but in general I think it could just be the age of the car and the cams in it. It needs a good 10-15 mins to warm up fully but after that its fine! Its so much better than the SRi, just keeps pulling all the way to the redline.
I added a P1 rear splitter and spoiler to it not long after I bought it from you. Ive got a fidanza flywheel and 95 BTCC head from the Janspeed team spares package to fit. Hoping after this it should be able to keep up with a CTR, my future plans for it, ive no idea. Once the SRi's back on track i'll be using that more and then have the Autech for track use.

How about posting a few new pics and a few lines.... just to se how she looks. Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom