Fitting head unit into P1 N16, with a twist...

Fitting head unit into P1 N16 Cubby Hole...-SOLVED!

Hi all

I've just purchased a kenwood KDC-W534U head unit for use in my almera, and i'm now thinking about how it's going to fit into my almera.

i currently have the bog standard casette player and consequently i also have the little slot just above the drinks holder free

is it possible to fit the head unit into there?

i realise the casette player will obviously not work, but, in theory, should it be an ok fit for it to go there?

any help is appreciated

many thanks

It should be possible to fit it into the N16 yes, but I'll let one of the N16 heads answer that.

You may have to purchase a new facia for it, or as you said, may be able to put it into the cubby hole.

It should be possible to fit it into the N16 yes, but I'll let one of the N16 heads answer that.

You may have to purchase a new facia for it, or as you said, may be able to put it into the cubby hole.

hi there

i actually want to avoid buying a new fascia for it and would rather it went in the cubby hole, going to go and try it out in a bit, see if it fits or not, im just not sure whether i actually have to remove the black plastic or whether or not it just slots straight into there....

cheers for the response dude!

I'm sure Darren will be posting a reply to this soon mate, I've thought about this myself but couldn't be arsed. Still, it'd be good to know tho :lol:

SOLVED!!!

once you remove the lower panel (covering the cubby hole), the upper part containing the hazard light switch/vents

unscrew the existing tape unit/fascia

the cubby hole comes off with it as a black plastic box secured on either side by 2 screws

remove the 2 screws

replace black box with head unit

screw back in using either your own screws or the ones you took off the black box/cubby hole

connect up cabling

bobs your uncle!

im just waiting for posty to deliver iso adapter (eeejits over the road at the moment, wont give it to me as 'its in my bag', twat. so once thats here i'll hook it all up and confirm whether or not it works!

no need for any nasty fascia, just means the tape player still sits there albeit OFF!

Nasty facia??? Mine looks better without the standard radio and i still have a cubby hole to put cd's and other shite in..Why not pop to the scrappy and get an engine to put in the boot...seeing as your into carrying useless crap around with you hehe.

yeah this is the longest way to a short cut ever...

the fascia's are less and £10 on ebay. now you have a useless tape played staring at you and nowhere to put your betamax.

yeah this is the longest way to a short cut ever...

the fascia's are less and £10 on ebay. now you have a useless tape played staring at you and nowhere to put your betamax.

meh

i needed a quick and dirty way to mount the head unit and it worked for me, dont mind the 'useless tape player staring at me', i don't live in a very 'nice' end of town as it is, so having the head unit 'down there' with a removable faceplate is likely to attract less attention than had i gone the other route.

Back
Top Bottom