For sale threads

Chris180

Events Moderator
Might just be me but I think they should be locked as soon as the thread has been made to stop spamming and unhelpful posts to the seller.

Other forums I use work this way and works fine...or I'm I being a annoying dick? Just a suggestion :)

Oh and no need to answer my question, I know the answer :lol:

some times though they can help the seller, if the seller has missed something out etc. as some times you see

for sale
suspension

bit exaggerated but things really are advertised to breifly on here sometimes. never really any pictures either

perhaps make the following compulsery,

For sale:

Item Condition:

Price and price conditions:

Extra Info:

Pictures:

Contact Details:

Delivery & Conditions of Delivery:

looks tidier, means all the info needed is there, and stuff shouldnt need to be asked as much,

only reason for spamming or posts that would be unhelpful is if the seller seems a bit dodgy

figured had more chance of items been seen than under one thread :)

it's been a long day but yeah so all queries are pm'd to the seller.

some times though they can help the seller, if the seller has missed something out etc. as some times you see

for sale
suspension

bit exaggerated but things really are advertised to breifly on here sometimes. never really any pictures either

For sale:

Item Condition:

Extra Info:

Pictures:

Contact Details:

looks tidier, means all the info needed is there, and stuff shouldnt need to be asked as much,

only reason for spamming or posts that would be unhelpful is if the seller seems a bit dodgy

we have a standard for sale post. its generally used.

for sale
suspension

For sale:

Item Condition:

Extra Info:

Pictures:

Contact Details:

http://www.almeraownersclub.com/showthread.php?t=8441

;)

nobody stops to read it though :roll:

Well if nobody stops to read it, maybe make them moderated, or compulsery, ie thread gets deleted if not to that rule?

second that.. from no one all threads that arnt up to format get deleted plain and simple!

i would agre on locking them after aswell so its plain to see whats for sale.. then when its sold the poster can come back and edit them.. saying sold!

^ Would disagree strongly - there's always someone asking the question about whether this part would fit that phase etc, so it can be helpful to potential buyers. Also my recent buy from fourkinellm8 - I wouldn't have bid if I hadn't been able to ask for an ALC relay, or Ritchie hadn't said he'd bring them back to Wolves - that's the sort of thing that wouldn't happen if thread was locked.
Also can see who has dibs so you don't waste time chasing a part that's already reserved. And if a non-member's got dibs, us full members can claim special privileges to jump the queue. ;)

Threads should be moderated anyway and pm's sent to those that arent adhering to the template. That's what mods are for. Generally it's kept on top of and if someone posts a dud thread then it'll get mentioned :). I can see that locking the thread tho and keeping it clean would be good and it would filter in the genuine seller who can actually bother to call/pm you.

If it's question about fitment etc then the seller can come back and amend their post to contain the details. It would require more work from the seller than to just post a thread up and wait until you have a buyer but in the long run it'll be more beneficial.

Why doesnt someone moderate the for sale section and any that arent up to scratch, get modified into the format by the moderator rather than deleted.

^should be already but not all threads get viewed/edited by the mods.

Just to add, sticky's that don't need to be sticky's anymore should to be removed too and all the discount threads should be locked/sticky'd in the right section too imo

I can do this. Im a super mod on torque-irl and we run a tight ship there plus im pretty much on all evening every evening and when i get a chance on mobile during the day. And if looking for a admin chrisbeau is a genius with coding and all that stuff he runs torque too and is never offline ever

id be happy to do it to im on here most of the time as still not working at moment. when i am il still be on in afternoons

Its not always necessary to do a full post though really.
I mean - 'N15 Clear Side Repeaters £10 posted' pretty much sums it up without having to say where they are, why I dont want them etc...
I edit really bad adverts when I get a chance but the majority are alright.

Back
Top Bottom