I`ve only had it 3 weeks, but I`ve done a few bits already. :cool:

Stuff done so far:

De-badged.
De-rear wipered.
Private plates.
Clear indicators from Oz.
Gunmetal alloys.*
Toyo T1s.
Pioneer double DIN satnav/dvd player with optional rear camera.
New track rod ends (both had split! :eek: )
"RB25 inside" sticker on boot window.
"NOTBEENYET!" `ring sticker on boot window.
nissan-stagea.org stickers on rear quarter windows.
Skyline Owners Club stickers on windscreen & boot window.

* I got ULTRA lucky with the alloys, They`re fully refurbed in gunmetal, so was expecting them to go for silly money, so was very surprised to get the set for £70! :D

Stuff to do:

Get a Clifford alarm (these things don`t have one as standard & aren`t even immobilised)! :feint:
Fix N/S mirror as it wont fold in properly. :(
Remove bolt-on rear fog & convert inner 2 brakelights to rear fogs. :)
Remove roof bars.
Clear side repeaters.
Different grille (don`t like the `acres of honeycomb` now it`s de-badged).
Decat.
3" SS catback. :D
Fit boost controller.
Paint calipers.

Stuff found & thinking about:

Electric leather interior (wiring & fuse are already there). :D

Now the PICS! :)

Only got this interior pic, as the cam died. :rolleyes:
100_1108.jpg

100_1106.jpg

100_1104.jpg

100_1111.jpg

100_1103.jpg

100_1102.jpg

You'll notice the difference in top-end pull when you get it decatted Fred - I was amazed the way the RB25 takes off at 4k rpm & streaks for the redline ! :D Sounds better too :lol:

Fred, RE brakes.

Here's your pads:

nismofrontpads.jpg

What the US Maxima's use (calipers on the right too):

J3014181HPIM0822-med.jpg

EU Maximas (QX) twin-pot pads (the ones I have):

DSC01271.jpg

DSC01269.jpg

Back when I was searching for pads for the QX calipers at first I thought the US pads were just deeper versions, but they are in fact shorter too, and the QX ones are longer. I hope that doesnt affect the size of the carrier too... :/

The advantage of the US calipers (and therefore the Stag calipers) is that there are better pad options. The QX longer pads arent well catered for, at least not in the UK. If anything at least this opens up another brakes upgrade option for the N16 - using twin-pot stagea calipers.

EDIT:

I think we`re in luck, as the main body of your pads is exactly the same length as mine, just narrower in the middle, but I think the pad area is also the same.

I don`t know about the locating lugs, as I didn`t measure them, but they do look to be compatible with my carrier, I just hope your mounts line up with mine.

If all else fails at least you'll have the sliding pins. Just means you'll have to sort out your carriers ahead of schedule.

Back
Top Bottom