Fuel!!

Hi, ive just bought a phase 1 gti, nd was think would it make much difference using a fuel like shell v power or bp ultimate?

no, some say it does ! Vpower is a waste of money for a GTI ,its desinged for higher power cars really! tesco super is good

I`d say go for it. If you`re the type of person to use the best engine oil for example, why not use the best fuel as well? With a few mods and advanced timing it probably gives a few HP.

Supposed the keep the engine clean from deposites as well so as Ian suggests using the best will look after the engine in the long run too. V-Power works well in my diesel, and no reason why the petrol equivalent should be much different.

I use it occasionally, and it makes a small difference in performance and a definate incrase in MPG:lol:

Tesco super tut tut:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

well you can use normal juice if you want to fella, i just prefer to use the good stuff, you know how it is, look after it and all that :D

i use tesco 99 all the time and its lovely, my 57k FSH engine which uses super all the time loves me :)

I'm very surprised to hear that - 2 comparison tests I've read recently (national newspaper & a car mag) both said that Tesco Super came out very poorly. In some cases it actually made no difference at all. BP Ultimate was slightly better, but Vpower was best overall. They did state however, that any gains were different from model to model ie. some cars gained & other makes didn't. A case of dyno power readings being necessary to show any benefit in some cases. I know my car prefers Vpower because it runs smoother & reponse is better too. It also manages to get around 30 miles more range out of the tank. Always a bonus, lol. :)

My Primera GT SR20DE loves the V-Power, seems to drink the Tesco and Normal Juice to be honest. But in saying that my GX SR20DE was the opposite.

i personally think V-POWER is hyped up ! i know it is better, but at the end of the day unless your driving a ferrari which v-power was origanally designed for it doesnt make that much difference if any!
when my dad bought his TVR he was told that Esso super was the best for that! back when 90p for super was expensive!lol

My old Supra n/a made a genuine 4 bhp more on Vpower - I had the dyno sheets to prove it. Normal unleaded 1st, then Vpower a month later (with no other changes). It works ! ;)

Back
Top Bottom