hks induction kit
gtr fuel pump
444cc injectors
power fc
thrust front mount
master cylinder stopper/brace
Uprated pads
Uprated clutch

now thinking about it, early 180's were CA18DET, and the facelifts got SR20's. that sounds about right....

yup sr20det powa,pulls like a train.You could easily lose control so im just taking it handy till i get used to it and until it gets mapped for our shitty 95 octane.

so wait, is the 180 just a JDM 200sx then? 200s over here got teh CA18DET (mate has one) but got the SR20DET later on.

also I thought the 240 had a more powerful SR20DET (240bhp).

Well even im confused on the whole red top black top which had which,i started reading on sxoc then got even more confused.

It is a jdm 180sx,sr20det from the factory,facelift models were from around 96' onwards.From what i've read the 180sx blacktop has a slightly smaller turbo than the s14 and no vvt but i could be very wrong,i think it has around 220bhp standard.

Looks very clean! Are you the first Irish owner?

Any chance you've a photo of the exhaust or even the markings on it? Mate bought a supposedly Kakimoto exhaust for a DC2 Teg last week but the badge was missing off it. All it had was Japanese writing imbossed on the box!

Chawkie said:
Looks very clean! Are you the first Irish owner?

Any chance you've a photo of the exhaust or even the markings on it? Mate bought a supposedly Kakimoto exhaust for a DC2 Teg last week but the badge was missing off it. All it had was Japanese writing imbossed on the box!

yea first irish owner,it is clean needs one or two little bits n pieces,nothin much,didn't look at the exhaust too much,im not sure what model it is,as you said it just has a jap sticker on the tailpipe and says kakimoto on it,i can get a pic tomorra if ya like,il be having a closer look at it then anyway.

lucino vzr 1 said:
yea first irish owner,it is clean needs one or two little bits n pieces,nothin much,didn't look at the exhaust too much,im not sure what model it is,as you said it just has a jap sticker on the tailpipe and says kakimoto on it,i can get a pic tomorra if ya like,il be having a closer look at it then anyway.

No need to go out of your way anyway. Just interested to know if it was a real kakimoto that he got last week or was the wool pulled over his eyes!

Sure il take one if i remember,but it does have a sticker on the tailpipe with jap writing and kakimoto in english above it,hopefully il know more tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom