Goodbye N16, Hello Qashqai! 56k warning!

Well, as you all know, the N16 went in February :wave: , & this litle beauty arrived last Monday. :woohoo:

It`s only the entry-level, 1.6 petrol Visia, but I`m well impressed with it, cruising along @ 80 (4000rpm in 5th) there`s very little engine, road or wind noise. :cool:

:lol: Notice the GTi poking its head in as well! :)

Qashqaipic1.jpg

Qashqaipic2.jpg

Qashqaipic3.jpg

Qashqaipic4.jpg

Qashqaipic5.jpg

Qashqaienginebay.jpg

Qashqaipic6.jpg

Qashqaipic8.jpg

If anyone`s thinking about changing their car, deffo test one of these, as they are summat else.

I'm not keen on the Qashqai at all, is it a 4x4 or is it a street car, it can't make its mind up. plus i think i read somewhere its got a french engine. Still if you say its good anduve got a gti to compare it too i'll take your word for it. :P

Does look nice actually. Its only a FWD isnt it? I suppose its the look of a 4x4 with the economy of a FWD car. Yeah looks alright. Ive been bullying the missus into buying a Cube :lol: As not selling my GTi anymore. :D

Sim, It`s only the fwd version, but I wasn`t that sure about it @ 1st because I`d only seen silver ones, but imo the black is the best colour.

Damo, Liking the Porka, :D but, as it`s a Motability car, I can`t do anything to it, which gives me more money to spend on the GTi. :D

Deglobe the indicat....oh its not an Almera? :P

Very nice especially in black, looks executive, with tinted windows you would probably look like a celebrity. I know its too late now but did you consider buying the Murano?

Is that the inlet manifold, folding over the rocker cover to the back of the engine, then an intake pipe going right back round to the front? There must be a reason for that if it is, but I can't work it out!

Maybe it needs a long intake length for some reason. I know in some cases with carb or TB setup 205 engines longer trumpets can give better torque characteristics. Looks a heck of a lot of engine bay for a teeny looking engine though. What's the largest capacity lump they put in there?

Styling wise it's a lot bigger than I thought it was gonna be. The name Qashqai suggests a smaller, micra sized car to me. Dunno if it's just me but I can see a lot of Mazda styling cues in there. The bonnet is more Mercedes though, and doesn't suit the car.

I agree wih you on the size simcard. It's not bulky enough for an offroader, especially not with a 1.6 underneath. But the ground clearance is far too high and it's just too big for a street car. Maybe we're seeing an in-between car to replace the range rovers and X5s that are clogging the streets. I know which I'd prefer to have sat behind me at night in traffic (something whose headlights aren't tanning the back of my neck).

They've got it all wrong with the wheels and arches though. Don't ask me how, or what's wrong, but they just don't work. It looks like they've made the arches too big and to try and fix it they've put high profile tyres on the wheels.

Maybe with this car Nissan are following Citroen's example with C2. Deliberately building a car with a bigger engine bay than needed and a number of styling "faults" to rectify, to attract the attention of modders and the like. IIRC Citroen did that with the C2 after seeing the success of the saxo in tuning circles.

At first I didn't like it, but it's growing on me.

Slick Rick said:
Deglobe the indicat....oh its not an Almera? :P

:superlol: :superlol:

I wouldn`t have gone for the Murano anyway, as I`m not a fan of the front of them, but this is mums` Motability car, & Muranos aren`t on the Motability scheme.

24seven, you`re right about the intake, goes from the front to the back of the engine (have to remove it to get @ the plugs! :eek: :confused: :confused: ), through the filter & round to the top of the grille.

The top engine is a 2.0l turbo diesel.

Damo, I just couldn`t get comfortable in the Lancer (I have lower back problems, which doesn`t help) & Mum didn`t like it either.

Plus the fact it had a £600+ deposit on it :eek: the Qashqai was £99 deposit & is more comfortable & better equipped than the Lancer, & mum loves it! :)

If it was mine, the 1st thing I`d do is lower it, but as it`s a Mobility bar, I can`t do anything to it. :(

I see. Sat in the Lancer myself on a cheeky trip to the dealer. Not a small bloke as you well know and there not the best interiors, bit Mk1 Mondeo spec.

harryd1986 said:
looks surprisingly nice, is 1.6 big enuf for a car of that size???

Surprisingly, yes.

You floor it in 5th @ 50 & it just keeps pulling until you look @ the speedo & find out you`re going over twice what you were before you floored it! :eek: :eek:

You only really start to notice the engine noise @ around 5000rpm, which is around 20mph over the national limit in 5th. ;)

Like I said, for what it is (or is trying to be), it is very surprising.

Hmmm, different.

imo Nissan design has gone down the pan, bar the 350z. It looks toy car'ish.

And the interior looks alot like a Clio.

But it's for practacality so it must do that well. And must be a much better car than the N16.

looks very nice mate!! surprised how well it goes for a 1.6 as it looks quite heavy!! apart from all the good points is there any bad points at all about the car? i ask cause the neighbours were talking about getting one!!

Johny, A/C works fine atm, I`ll expect a free replacement from you if it breaks though! ;)

Kurt, It`s much comfy-er & quieter than the N16.

Garnz, I believe the engine is a Nissan/Renault hybrid of some description.

Dub, The only badpoint (which isn`t really a bad point, just an observation)that I can see is when you`re parking it, you really need sensors front & rear, this hasn`t got them, but the next level up has them, because the bottom of the rear window & the end of the bonnet are so high, it makes it difficult to judge where you are in relation to other objects.

e.g: if it`s in front of the GTi & there`s about 1foot between them, you can`t see any of the GTis windscreen in the rear mirror.

Likewise with the bonnet, if it`s touching the GTis rear bumper, you can just about see the top of the number plate.

That`s the only thing I can think of @ the mo.

probably is a renault engine, the F16 or whatever its called, in the clio williams is the same setup as that, with the exhaust manifold at the rear.

Back
Top Bottom