Got myself a Phase 2 GTI :D:D:D

It's not an Almera though ;). P2 205 1.6 GTi. Head gasket has gone but a new gasket kit is sitting in the garage waiting to go in. Getting it home was.... fun. All was fine until about 4 miles from home, then the trailor broke leaving on wheel hanging off, so we had to rope tow it the rest of the way.

These pics were taken the next day while the car was still a bit mucky. looks so much better cleaned up.

[edit] number plates removed.

Attachments

• P1010037.JPG
    P1010037.JPG
    252.7 KB · Views: 263
  • P1010038.JPG
    P1010038.JPG
    243.2 KB · Views: 173
  • P5160026.JPG
    P5160026.JPG
    395.8 KB · Views: 164
  • P5160031.JPG
    P5160031.JPG
    310.1 KB · Views: 115
  • P5160027.JPG
    P5160027.JPG
    350.7 KB · Views: 121
That is gorgeous! my first car was a 205 ( 1 litre :O ) and it was the best car i've ever had, always wanted a GTi but went for the N15 instead!

Is this the one you're going to race on he track? what are your plans for it?? im getting excited haha, but yeah,205's are really really good cars! nice choice!

well once the gasket's done I'm going to put solid group A beam mounts in, and maybe put a 1.9 beam in there. suspension is lowered 20mm on the front to balance it out, so I'll leave it all like it is for now. Looking at an OMP 6 point bolt in cage and some racing seats & harnesses.

All the interior is coming out and probably going on the bay (shame really, since it's immaculate bar a tear or two in the drivers seat).

It's already got a powerflow stainless group N exhaust with a custom downpipe and a K&N filter, and since it was rally prepped I'm assuming the head has some work done on it, possibly a more aggressive cam too, but I'm not sure. Engine wise i'm not going to change anything while there's a 1.6 in there, since there's not a lot of extra grunt you can ge out of these without going down the turbo/supercharger route and I'm not doing that :D. Eventually i'd like a 1.9 Mi16 in there, but that's nothing more than a possibility atm.

I want to get used to racing first so the standard 115bhp (bearing in mind it's done 118k so it will probably be down on that even with the mods) is more than enough for a first timer. hopefully over the weekend I'll get to work on the gasket. I'm dieing to take it for a spin :D:D:D.

Nice one, my mates just bought a 1.6 GTi, 59K ( yes thats correct )....2 previous lady owners.....original and mint.

nice car like, one of ma mates had a 1.9 gti in red, then he got a MI16 Converted blue pug, what a weapon like, untill it blew up!

just seen some pics of a 205 with a 3.0 V6 24V lump shoehorned (I really mean, shoehorned!) into the engine bay, donated by a 406 Coupe.

Click me baby one more time!

Bet it goes like stink! Apparently the conversion is so well done that it doesn't have any major effect on the car's handling, if anything improving it slightly with a lower COG.

taken today. Mi soon.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    303.9 KB · Views: 64
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    300.5 KB · Views: 44
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    447.4 KB · Views: 43
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    277.1 KB · Views: 41
So, it's got NOS? :P

I really like 205s..pure rally car I think..
Nice!

square dials.. my eyes! its so 80's! lol

they're cracking cars though, it's a shame it's very hard to find a good condition one that hasn't been ragged about

:confused: nos? no...

this one's been ragged about a bit, but I'm surprised how well it runs still. the engine isn't in great shape, but then it's coming out soon so who cares :D. the shell is mint tho! the de-sunroof plate is a bit bodged, a riveted steel panel shaped well but not blended in brilliantly, but otherwise ther's vrey little else wrong with the shell. virtually no rust at all, apart from a patch the size of a 5p near the top of the windscreen seal.

driving it takes the piss out of my almera tho!

Back
Top Bottom