Got myself a Phase 2 GTI :D:D:D

been driving it a bit and my god does it stick to the road! corners in the wet a hell of a lot better than my mera does in the dry (almera has Pirelli P6000's which are getting on a bit but got a good few miles left in em, 205 is on spanking new Toyo T1-S' which went on a week before the hg died on the previous owner - still got most of the moulding tags), teeny little bit of power in the N15 round a corner and you're in understeer hell. in the 205 it just pulls you round harder, and harder and harder! corners like it on rails, I'm absolutely gobsmacked! slowly learning what the car can & can't do and I don't even feel like I'm scratching the surface yet! goes like stink compared to the mera too! no wonder people put Mi16 engines in these. gonna be mental, I can't wait!

Toyos are amazing for pulling you round corners like they aren't even trying, I had some T1-Rs on the Micra and I never became unstuck with them, the only fault I could find with them was that they wear quite fast, but who cares when they grip like they do!

I do have a secret love for 205 GTis, my nan had a 1.6 GTi in white and she used to hammer it everywhere haha it was so funny to be in the car, she'd do like 110 down the M1!!

I know what tyres I'm getting when these die! same agein please. though IIRC they've stopped making the S now haven't they?

Hoping to get it round the new anglesey circuit sometime this autums with the Mi in it, if anyone else is planning on going there this year. could sort a meet.

Yeah they've stopped making the S now, get the R, it's basically the S with more stuff lol

I know it's a completely different car in a different class, but the mera is a benchmark to compare by that we all can relate to since we all own them (granted most of you have GTi's and not Si's).

and yes, great fun :D.

I bet it's great fun round yours, there's some bloody good roads around north Wales, just shame the Heddlu patrol them like the streets of Compton.

scary moment! at about 90 (still pulling like a bitch!) on a private section of road, rusty tank guard bolts decided to sheer off in the wind, leaving the guard flappng about between theroad and the car making a nasty very broken sounding noise. fortunately the back end stayed put and it didn't go under the wheels.

On the plus side, my replacement gear linkages arrived today. ball jointed with locking pins, as pug ones are known to pop off sometimes.

lol. I doubt I can afford it. I don't have a trailer and can't afford to put it on the road. atm it's idling aruond 3000rpm, because there's no gasket between the manifold and downpipe, and the ICV is seized. I haven't run it long enough to get warm yet because it needs a few things doing to it first. I'm back from uni for a few weeks on the 21st, and by new years I hope to have driven it.

dude ive got an acoustic parcell shelf made of mdf for ya pug if ya want it its got holes for 6x9 already cut and covered in grey acoustic cloth stealth style it used to live in my old pug R.I.P. :(

Back
Top Bottom