Got this few weeks back. It was bought w

Got this few weeks back. It was bought with a hesitation problem. I changed the Oil/Fuel Filter, Oil, Plugs, Leads, Induction kit, adjusted timing but problem is still there????

Will have a go adjusting the TPS tomorrow... if it still doesn't cure it then the im going to pull the engine out and Br...... :tt2: put another one in

36603884.jpg

5276a3df.jpg

6e32df0d.jpg

733dfe41.jpg

abe15d50.jpg

43d43f63.jpg

be3b9f13.jpg

47a86bea.jpg

Engine;
G-spec lightweight pulley's (crank and water pump).
Fidanza flywheel.
BMC CDA intake.
Fuel lab AFPR.
Kent NP2002 cams.
SFS silicon top and bottom radiator hoses.
Asp header.
3" mandrel bent exhaust.
uprated engine mounts.
VLSD gearbox with standard GTI ratios.
Short shifter.
ACT clutch cover with genuine nissan presure plate and release bearing.
Engine uses 300ml of oil evey 1000 miles. compression test shows 165PSI across all 4.

chassis
BC racing coilovers.
Whiteline rear anti roll bar.
goodridge brake hoses.
Fully superpro poly bushed.(rear beam, front arms, anti roll bar and steering rack).
Team dynamics pro race 2 with toyo tyres (fronts 5mm, rears 7mm).
Red stuff front pads.

Exterior.
Phase 2 GTI headlights and indicators.
VZR grill.
VZR rear lights.

Check the dizzy, I had a similar problem, turned out to be the dizzy decided it didn't like the cam anymore and thought it would try and nibble it.

Reactions: Mov
a hesitation will be to do with something attached to the engine not the engine itself, change the maf sensor and re earth it

love the colour but I dont get along with the rims

does the car drink coolant?

As far as i know its Craig's old box...

Now iv changed/checked the following:

dizzy/plug/leads/timing/TPS/filters/oil/maf/reground maf.

Its has slightly improved it but hesitation still there. There is very noticeable flat spot at 2-3rpm, even on 30-40% throttle you'd feel like its hit fuel cut.

Iv physically checked everything that i could, any other idea's.

I can't see it being an engine mechanical problem......although by the sound of it the rings may be slightly worn.

My guess would be the MAF, the Fuel lab AFPR..... ( because i`ve never heard of it )....could be faulty or badly adjusted...ie too lean or rich, or the BMC CDA intake as i think they're too restrictive.

...oh you could have a look inside the throttle body as it may be dirty.

Check the dizzy, I had a similar problem, turned out to be the dizzy decided it didn't like the cam anymore and thought it would try and nibble it.

I can't see it being an engine mechanical problem......although by the sound of it the rings may be slightly worn.

My guess would be the MAF, the Fuel lab AFPR..... ( because i`ve never heard of it )....could be faulty or badly adjusted...ie too lean or rich, or the BMC CDA intake as i think they're too restrictive.

...oh you could have a look inside the throttle body as it may be dirty.

Rings are worn i think cause it does use a 300ml oil every 500 miles. Iv replaced the maf and bmc with a working maf/apexi filter.

Ill try throttle body next and fiddle around the FPR. According to the reciepts the FPR did cost him £200 fitted :eek:

Thats a beauty of a car. I love loden green (thats why i have one) and they look so good in the dark.
It looks so good in the dark.
Let me know if you ever want to get rid of it. I would love another one.

Back
Top Bottom