Grivs Silver GTi

so_here_we_go_again.com

y0! I started a thread about this old car but i can't find it. So i thought i would just start another one.

I got it for £1250 about 5/6 months ago with 63k on the clock. Mint interior and a few scrapes on the outside. 40mm lowering springs and thats about it.

These were the for sale thread pics but i bought it with standard Gti rims on........

DSC00240.jpg

DSC00243.jpg

So what i have done so far.

Chassis
Tein Coilovers
16inch Rota Grids

Exterior
Ph1 rear lights
Lucino Grill
Removed front ph2 splitter
Orange Corners
Cut out bonnet skin
Bonnet pins
Heko wind deflectors
Removed side bumper strips
De-wipered rear tailgate
Sunroof removed and blank fitted

Interior
Suede Momo steering wheel
Lots and lots of strippage
Extended gear leaver

Heres a few pics of how it is now.......................

DSC03236.jpg

DSC03242.jpg

Nurburgring2010050.jpg

DSC03004.jpg

DSC03043.jpg

DSC03013.jpg

So, i went to Tommo's and had another stop off last night and picked up a few goodies and i also have to get it MOT'd so major updates coming soon including loads of pics :thumbs:.

Girv x

sweet Girv ... need that steering wheel ... and your extra long pleasure rod ;)

...and thought those wheels were being sold no?

Steve

nice one sam, :)
looking greeeet!

when you getting the perspex windows in?
ill be getting some in the next few weeks,
ive sourced a pair of sliding air vents from demon tweeks, £25 +vat each (dont forget we get a aoc discount) inc the slidy bit and runners :)
so i just need the whole panels now :)
ive found 2 companies near me who sell the sheets, they can do kits but id rather give it ago first my self, as itll be alot cheaper :)

hey, looks good... like the steering wheel, the massive gear stick ain't my thing, but if you like it go with it...

what are the future plans for it???

nice one sam, :)
looking greeeet!

when you getting the perspex windows in?
ill be getting some in the next few weeks,
ive sourced a pair of sliding air vents from demon tweeks, £25 +vat each (dont forget we get a aoc discount) inc the slidy bit and runners :)
so i just need the whole panels now :)
ive found 2 companies near me who sell the sheets, they can do kits but id rather give it ago first my self, as itll be alot cheaper :)

All will be revealed at the weekend/early week buddy! :wink:

Yeah it's a short shifter. I taped a thread in and used grub screws. I may just weld it though because i fooooocking loved having it. It's not in at the mo but it felt awesome when it was.

nice work!, must have taken ages getting all the spotwelds off the inside of the bonnet skin!

The inner supports are bonded to the skin not spot welded. Still not a job for the faint hearted cutting the middle section out though. Top job mate. Looks like it could turn out to be a right weapon.

The inner supports are bonded to the skin not spot welded. Still not a job for the faint hearted cutting the middle section out though. Top job mate. Looks like it could turn out to be a right weapon.

After my MOT the bonnet will be taken down to one skin and then all the catch and fitments will be taken out for a bit more weight loss ;)

---------- Post added at 12:53 ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 ----------

Shame your front splitter's fuuucked dude otherwise it'd look naiiiiice :D

All in good time buddy. You know it, lol

Back
Top Bottom