GTi Petrol comsumption

Full tank is around 350 miles in mine, was 250-300 when I got it. Timing advanced and ICV tweaked and runs much better. (Was running stupidly rich when cold beforehand).

The first time I drove the Mera Gti for a long long drive 200 miles to be exact

I filled the tank to the max, maybe a little less as i put £20 and then again another £20 in it and it still didnt click to say its full but the needle was a little off the chart.

I did around 194 miles and only half a tank was gone, well happy you all were right about long journeys giving better fuel consumption and the weird thing is i did kind put my foot down sometimes but never exceeded 75mph off course, the pick up is brilliant and pushes you back in the seat. The Gti is definitely a car which i will get used to :D

pic of proof ;)

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa61/Micraholic/STA60486.jpg

Thanks everyone for the info

Yeah, I did 400 today before the light came on - a mix of driving up to 90 at points, mixed with long fckg spells of average speed checks and crawling along in second. So not too bad really (esp as I can claim it on expenses @ 40p/mile)

in town mine used to give only 60-65 off 10 litres.

i think the best i got was on a motorway 30 litres 300 miles a bit of blasting here there too!

im putting it in litres cos it was earlier on this year when prices were a lovely 84.9 pence per litre :(

Back
Top Bottom