hardc0re's n15 'mera

Bollox I thought it was DP1/G?? Well they mixed it up for me colour seems right but when trying to blend in its no use, I might end up trying to find two green wings in this colour and fitting them.

right! sod this. car is off the road till i get these back on. didnt realise they were held on with sealent too! thought it was 4 clips!

soaking in boiling kettle water this time

i tryed taking the lense off using the oven, deformed the lense.

Tryed the water method, worked but took weeks and weeks for the condensation inside to dissappear plus the plastic lense was covered in tiny cracks which made it look dull

Best easiest and fastest method is simply use a hair dryer and a small flat screwdriver to prise the lense away

UPDATE - 15-06-08

right-e-o, finally got the repeaters together and working again. ended up going to b&q to get paint for them, undercoating them top coat as the cheap plasti-kote fast dry enamel didnt take to well. got myself some Pewter silver and it looks well when done. pics to follow.

UPDATE 27-06-08

need to get pics of the car up with the clear repeaters etc after a good scrub.

finally got a back box on, got it fitted lastnight, not sure it suits the car but ill get used to it, got it for free, costed 60 quid to be fitted though. attempted to do it myself but i didnt get too far - no welder, no stepdown adapter and i broke the flange but hey.

going to paint the drums and calipers soon and get the sound system finished but that will be a few months away, in the meantime ill be getting the bodywork sorted out and cleaning up the underside and using some sprayon wax-oil stuff my dad can get out of work

Back
Top Bottom