Hello from Australia

So I havent got my goodies yet, but I've modified a N16s1 grille for mum's car...

I started with a cheap grille I got off of ebay

Grille1.jpg

Then I separated the back part/mounting part of the grille from the chrome trim part.

Grille2.jpg

Then I took the vertical slats out from the chrome trim part of the grill and added some silver mesh to the mounting part of the grille and put the chrome trim part over the top...

Grille3.jpg

Grille4.jpg

Grille5.jpg

I reckon it looks pretty good myself.

I still have to cover the cut outs with some sort of paint (either black or silver) and reinforce the mesh onto the grille, but I still think it looks pretty good.

Pics are taken from my iPhone so they arent the best, but you get the idea...

Ok, so here they are.

I found some JDM front pods.

front_pod_1.jpg

Yes, obviously they'll need to be rubbed back and repainted but the scrapes are only superficial. They aren't the same shape as a fellow PGA's pods, so I'm guessing that they aren't s1 pods, which means they're more likely s2... And yes, you'll probably say that they won't fit because they are a different shape to the s1's... I've checked the shape on my front bar and they look to be a good fit. They do however look to obstruct the brake ducts in the front bar... So i'm looking to modify them or make some sort of copy or something...

And I also got my hands on a SSS (the equivalent of your GTi) steering wheel for what I thought was a pretty reasonable price.

SSS_steering_wheel.jpg

Its in really good condition, the leather looks to be in good nick and I think it looks awesome.

I have only received them today, so I haven't had a chance to fit them, but I should get round to adding them in the next week or two...

Cheers
Chris

Can you let me know how you get on with those pods? I have some, but I havent got round to fitting them as they arent a straight fit

Can you let me know how you get on with those pods? I have some, but I havent got round to fitting them as they arent a straight fit

Yeah, no-worries mate. I'm guessing I will have to shave the front inside corners so that they fit around the shape of the brake ducts in the front bar...

like the shape of these...

Paul_VZ-R_S2_Front.jpg

For those of you that actually read this, I thought I would just post up some previous and current pics of my car...

This one was taken on Sunday the 14th of October 2007

14-10-07.jpg

And this one was taken on Sunday the 5th of October 2008

06-10-08.jpg

What a difference!

Please excuse the wonky grille and wonky numberplate... :S

I took these pics on the way to Perth today so excuse the bugs and the dirt... Its mainly to show off the Bonnet Protector... :)

BonnetProtector1.jpg

BonnetProtector2.jpg

Cheers
Chris

Ok, so no one is reading this anymore but I thought I would post an update...

I've just finished my second year of Civil Engineering at Western Australia's Curtin University of Technology and I now have 3 months of working and car modding to do... So far I have three or four things I want to do... I want to install the SSS/GTi sports leather steering wheel, make/modify/ make a copy of my SR-V front pods, make a rear valance to give the illusion of a shaved bootlid between the rear lights, and make/modify a rear bumper making it a little lower and chunkier than my original one...

Please if you read this post your thoughts because I really love hearing what people have to say about my car...

Thanks
Chris

Never seen this thread. Nice clean car you have there. Can't believe the difference in prices of the Almeras. Like the mods you've done on your car apart from the wheels!

I want the bonnet protector and the interior carpet on your dash!!! How much they go for, you buy them from a member of your owner club or aussie website?

Never seen this thread. Nice clean car you have there. Can't believe the difference in prices of the Almeras. Like the mods you've done on your car apart from the wheels!

I want the bonnet protector and the interior carpet on your dash!!! How much they go for, you buy them from a member of your owner club or aussie website?

Haha, yeah, the wheels were on there when I got the car, so when the tyres go to shit, i'll look at getting some different wheels, preferably something thats easier to clean and grey in colour...

The bonnet protector I got from Nissan and it worked out to be around 30GBP and I got my dash mat from my wrecked SLX... I've seen some others around for about 20GBP...

Top man! Got one for the dash rug thing? :D

Edited: The Nissan garage isn't accepting that part number, nothing appears for it. Ah well thanks though.

yatesy start a thread in members rides, a lot of people tend to look past the newbie section, its a forum thing, you'll get more views in members rides :)

like the bonnet protector, reminds me of something they put on 4x4's though. still its functional, wish mine had a bonnet protector on, although with the one stone chip it has, the protector would have needed a protector lol

Back
Top Bottom