Hello ... hello ... hello

I`m a noob ...... !!

Thinking about buying an Almera GTi ..... Going to look at one on Weds and if its any cop it`ll be coming home with me !!

Now, i`ve always been a ford girl through and through .... So this is all very weird for me at the mo .... !! So be gentle with me, or i`ll be forced to rip off your arm and beat you with the soggy end :D

Now, i`ve always been a ford girl through and through .... So this is all very weird for me at the mo .... !! So be gentle with me, or i`ll be forced to rip off your arm and beat you with the soggy end :D

That sounds just like an Essex girl! lol.

welcome along Mrs P. Just make sure you check it for rust, including moving the side carpeting in the boot to check the wheel arches.

Trug

That sounds just like an Essex girl! lol.

welcome along Mrs P. Just make sure you check it for rust, including moving the side carpeting in the boot to check the wheel arches.

Trug

I`m a Yorkshire Lass .... lol ...... :D

Any more jems of info and what to look for with this GTi would be fab .... I really don`t know what i`m looking for/at ..... Anything anyone can share would be Fab, its a T reg, 1999 Gti !!

I`m a noob ...... !!

Thinking about buying an Almera GTi ..... Going to look at one on Weds and if its any cop it`ll be coming home with me !!

how about pulling on my 3rd leg and sticking it in your pink lagoon :lol:

welcome by the way

As classy as usual Rhyd, good job lol

Welcome Mrs P. Get the GTi!

Rofl @ Rhyd.

Just check for Rust, rust and more rust. If there's not so much there, she's bound to be ok so long as you check all the usual stuff.

HI

few things to look at

like ppl have said,

rust, mainly arches, sills and inside the boot around the arches.
noisey starter motor, comon fault, caused by clutch dust, just needs cleaning out.
rattle coming from engine when warm, timing chain could need replacing
central locking playing up, door lock actuater will be fucked

but on the plus side there a lot better than any ford

how about pulling on my 3rd leg and sticking it in your pink lagoon :lol:

welcome by the way

I somehow don`t think Mr Psycho would be too happy about that tbh lol !!

As classy as usual Rhyd, good job lol

Welcome Mrs P. Get the GTi!

We`ll see what its like first :D Getting worried about all the mention of rust :eek:

Rofl @ Rhyd.

Just check for Rust, rust and more rust. If there's not so much there, she's bound to be ok so long as you check all the usual stuff.

Rust ..... are we talking epic holyness with these cars then ? I don`t want to be buying one if all i`m going to be left with is 4 tyres in 6 months time :lol:

and if he tells you the cambelt has been changed, smack him upside his head!
They have cam chains not belts .

Trug

Cheers Trug ... Know about the Chains as Mr P has the Primera GT :D

Welcome if you buy it you should come to JAE big jap show camping plus beer will be ace!

Would be fab ... but too short notice for me i`m afraid, i`m in for and operation on Friday, and i also have a 4 yr old .... !! Maybe next year ;)

HI

few things to look at

like ppl have said,

rust, mainly arches, sills and inside the boot around the arches.
noisey starter motor, comon fault, caused by clutch dust, just needs cleaning out.
rattle coming from engine when warm, timing chain could need replacing
central locking playing up, door lock actuater will be fucked

but on the plus side there a lot better than any ford

Thanks for that Scott, really helpful i take it all the above are easy enough to fix tho ? ? ? ? (apart from the rust obviously lol)

Replacing the timing chain would be a nightmare with the engine in the car. What scott should have mentioned was that the Gti's chain does make a little rattle on startup but that goes away within seconds. So if the one you look at does it thats fine, if the noise is constant, its not.

Chain should never need replacing...The rattle can be from the tensioner being blocked it's not hard to give it a good clean. Aslong as the car has had regualr oil changes your fine.

hello and welcome. don't worry too much about rust. they do have their rust spots, but it isn't that bad. my 96 pulsar (albeit from japan) has none, and neither does my mums v plate almera. and that's done 100,000 miles! as long as it's been looked after you should be fine. Primera GT for Mr P, i have fond memories of mine......anyway, welcome!

Thanks all for the welcome .... I got it ... Its fab ... wonderful .. bloody fantastic ... Pics to follow 2moro !! ...... Wooohoooooooo

*Mrs P bounces up and down like a nutter*

Welcome to Almera GTi ownership Mrs. P! :D

Also noticed you`ve already become a full member. :cool:

Any questions you may have can be answered with a quick search, or we`ll be more than happy to point you in the right direction. :)

Just one thing, keep an eye on the front brake calipers, as the slide pins have an annoying habit of getting stuck, & they can be a right :angry: to sort out ( I needed a vice, mole grips & a big hammer to get mine out), :mad: just make sure there`s loads of grease in the guide sleeves & you should be fine. :)

Back
Top Bottom