Help . . . . .

Ive been trying to put my headunit in today. Couldnt work out how the centre dash came out so undid most of it. Still couldnt see how and didnt just want to pull it off.

Well to cut a long story short a hammer and a screwdriver aided the removal (was getting dark and i got pissed off) but now i`ve got no power coming through to it. The fuses are fine and i cant see any breaks in the cables.

Any ideas what else i have broke?

If only i had more patience :wall:

im sure someone can put me right but dont you need to add an extra earth on aftermarket stereos in N15s?

i had to put one on my K11 micra and there is a non standard earth on the back of the ripshit one in my gti...

It was a sony headunit that was in it already. Just wanted mine in it.

Theres no power at all tho , had the circuit tester on it.

If only it stayed light longer the hammer would of never come out

Sony one is prob the standard. You'll have to go likes of Halfords and buy the cable connector thing and I had to put a extra earth in my Si but not my GTi.

For your centre console, unscrew to the two screws just above the heater controls. Pull the ashtray out and then pull out from the two vents at the top.

hammer and chisel is rather extreme for a stereo dude lol

you using those wiring adaptor loom type things for your hu? halfords, auto leads etc ?!

Yeah i've got the adaptors. Its working in my civic but not the almera. Only thing i can think of is i've broke one of the wires but all look fine.

check the connector harness, maybe the wiring is diferent on the honda to the nissan, so it will work on the honda, some of the wires may be in the wrong pins/connetors hard to explain
loom.jpg

most cars reqiure diferent harnessesfor different make of HU, thats why it works in the honda not your mera most prob :)
get a almera harness and it will prob work,

Under one of the fuse covers in the engine bay......mine blew once ( when i used to have a stereo :lol: ).....cant remember what its listed as.

fuse in the back of your stereo? inline fuses on power leads of stereo? i reckon its the harness is wrong or it needs the different earth personally....

My P1 stereo was very tempermental, could never work out why (didnt have an earth wire, was earthed through the unit casing), but my green one has an extra earth bolted to the chassis, instead of risking damaging the stereo wires or the loom slicing, get one of the cheapo iso adapters and splice tht fucker works a treat.

Back
Top Bottom