hey all

just have joined recently and have a question which i hope someone can help me wit. Will the 1.4 almera gearbox fit the ga16de and if so can it withstand the xtra torque , plus make a better difference with acceleration(Closer ratio)? thank you

thank you, has anyone fitted a 1.4 box to the ga16 before, im really just after a closure ratio as 3rd gear tends to lag.

thanks

Only 1st and 2nd are closer IIRC and even then not by a lot. The fact that you'd get less speed from 2nd would mean that you'd be in 3rd at lower revs so as Dale said, the benefits are negligable.

i see thanks guys for that, is there anyway then i could improve the acceleration, other than induction and manifold(exuast etc) which i alredy have...do any of you know of where to find tunning parts for the 1.6 such as cams, flywheel, inlet etc

thabks

i dont think i have access to this part of the forum and also it say that there have been no posts there

Welcome mate.

You'll need to sign up as a memeber to access those threads. There will be loads of info there that will no doubt answer your question. £15 for a years membership and you'll also get AOC discounts at various places :)

kind of short for cash at the moment, dnt have a job so im sure some can understand, i dont actually own an almera either just wanted this query i have clearing up, my forum allows you to view different areas which is most helpful for outsiders but i spose if no one can really say much unless i join then oh wel hafta wait.

Back
Top Bottom