Hey :)

Top speed in a new, standard 1.4 is 107mph.

Even allowing for the speedo over-reading by the usual 10% 125mph seems unlikely.

1.6 top speed is 112 so 10% over-read would give about 123.

2.0 top speed is 135 or 148 on the speedo.

If you got 125 pushing it a bit it could be a 2.0
If you got 125 pushing it all the way it could be a 1.6
If you got 125 pushing it off a cliff it could be a 1.4

If it's not standard all bets are off.

What does it say on the boot?
Is there something that looks like a snail attached to a lot of plumbing in engine bay?

Reactions: pel
Haha mines a daily at the moment....if you struggle with the 1.4 you'd be screwed with a GTI lol

....phone....
haha yer I know :( would be alright if money was no problem lol

Top speed in a new, standard 1.4 is 107mph.

Even allowing for the speedo over-reading by the usual 10% 125mph seems unlikely.

1.6 top speed is 112 so 10% over-read would give about 123.

2.0 top speed is 135 or 148 on the speedo.

If you got 125 pushing it a bit it could be a 2.0
If you got 125 pushing it all the way it could be a 1.6
If you got 125 pushing it off a cliff it could be a 1.4

If it's not standard all bets are off.

What does it say on the boot?
Is there something that looks like a snail attached to a lot of plumbing in engine bay?
Theres no turbo on it, checked that, I was pushing it but it wasn't difficult to get to that speed and I would have kept going but fuel light came on lol :( I dunno what the bloke did before me so it might well not be standard , the other confusing thing it does it gets to about 3000/3500 revs and gets an extra surge of power from somewhere, can feel this most in 2nd and 3rd, does that mean anything to u or is my car just being a pain and using a lot of petrol lol

3.5k in the GTi in 5th is 70 mph: motorway cruising speed.
There is a big lean patch in that area to keep the economy figures down.
All the power comes after 4.5k.
As I feel the power dip in all gears I assume the 3.5k lean spot is across all the gears.

I guess the same mentality goes into the maps for the other engines in the range.

Yer thats about what mine is crusing at 5th on the motorways, but my engine looks nothing like the Sr20's I have seen, if anything it looks like the GA16 at a push but I don't know, will try n find the engine number tomorrow. But thank you for clearing that bit up :) was starting to confuse me lol

the lean midrange is normal to feel even on a GA. I'll be impressed if it turns out to be a 14 as my old one would prob take about 5 miles to get to that speed.

Going fast is fun though, I remember doing 150 on the back of my dads CBR600 when I was about 14.

Back
Top Bottom