Hi Guys,Pleased to say my SR20DET is n

• Thread starter Thread starter Briman
  • Start date Start date
B

Briman

Hi Guys,
Pleased to say my SR20DET is now running with extra boost. Wow what a difference! Actuator gave ~8psi on its own but with manual adapter its now set at 14psi.
Only problem now is wheel spin in 3rd!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :taz:

PS: Very new at this computer/forum stuff so hope this works

Almera GTi-R 001b.jpgAlmera GTi-R 004b.jpgAlmera GTi-R 007b.jpgAlmera GTi-R 002b.jpgAlmera GTi-R 003b.jpgAlmera GTi-R 006b.jpg

Thanks for your comments, when I said it wheel spins in 3rd I meant the wet... :hammer: DOh!

Yeah the mods: (not to many)

• Warbro 255 fuel pump
  • RNN14 FMIC
  • Techniclutch fast road clutch
  • Blitz induction kit
  • Bailys dump valve
  • Powerflow custom full stainless exhaust (de-cat 2.5inch)
  • Custom fitted engine loom (Fitted by Fusion Motorsport)

All the other things I had to do...

• Drill out Almera flywheel to bolt on to Pulsar block
  • Used the Almera gearbox and drive shafts
  • Used Almera air-con plus pipes
  • Used Almera alternator plus Almera belt
  • Back of the engine bay had to be heavly modifed to alow for the engine to twist on the mount. So the power steering pump wouldn't hit on the back of the engine bay
  • When fitting driver side drive shaft could only use two of the mounting bolts for the support arm
  • Used the Almera loom mostly, taking what was needed from the Pulsar loom (All work was done by Fusion Motorsprot)
  • Using the Pulsar ECU
  • Using the Alerma disie cap as the coil is biult in
  • Battery tray needed moving and cutting a bit
  • The lower engine mount bar needed to be modifed to clear the bottom of the engine

That pritty much covered everything I needed to do.

When I was out last night having a little drive about like you do. I came across an Astra VXR and I am happy to say I beat that with ease once the wheels stopped spinning. Then I had a bit more fun with a R33 Skyline... He come up behind me asking for it so I gave it everything I could! before I knew it I was pulling away from him... 1 car lengh... 2 car lenghs... 3 car lenghs... I was over the F**king moon :eek: then I slowed down at the next roundabout and did the same thing again!

After this the smile on my face was from ear to ear! We pulled over and the man in the sklyline ran over to me saying "What the F**K is that? Why the F**K is it so FAST!!!??? I told him what I done and he was well inprested but I didn't beleive me and I asked why? He said the his skyline is running 434BHP!!! At this point I just started to laugh... I love my car so much!

The next thing on my list to do id to take the car up to Fusiong Motorsport to have a Nistune fitted to my car to have it re-mapped. I can't wait...

but the list does go on and on...

You probably got that Skyline on power-to-weight ratio alone . . . . . :)

Just a tip for you on here mate, you might want to check your dialogue before you post it up ;

You wrote 'he was well inprested but I didn't beleive me . . . '
It should have read 'he was well impressed, but he didn't believe me . . . '

Hi Mate, nice clean swap there.
I had the same thing in my Fwd Nissan Sunny, once rolling they are very fast.
However looking at your spec list, i would suggest uprating the brakes should be you next mod before you increase the bhp.
At 240bhp my brakes failed on me racing a merc amg sl500?
So before i went to 307bhp i got some hispec 4 pots.:flowers:

Good luck as well.

Awesome looking bit of kit dude,only wish i had that sort of cash to put into mine,thinking of keeping her with the K&N cat back exhaust then a 50 shot of NOZ.Anyone tried the Noz route?

good job matey, :)

get some more wider tires on there, try some 205/55/15s maybe :)

enjoy it!

Thanks for your comments,

Yeah I want to get some wider tires on there but I'd prefer to keep the standard alloys... I've got the Toyo's T1R's.

This mite be a silly question but did you mean that the 205/55/15s would fit on the standard alloy's?

Back
Top Bottom