Hi Guys,Pleased to say my SR20DET is n

• Thread starter Thread starter Briman
  • Start date Start date
Thanks for your comments,

Yeah I want to get some wider tires on there but I'd prefer to keep the standard alloys... I've got the Toyo's T1R's.

This mite be a silly question but did you mean that the 205/55/15s would fit on the standard alloy's?

It would fit

Looks really clean nice job man, few video's maybe?

Thanks buddy,

Yeah I'll try and get some video's.

At the moment I'm looking at doing:

0mph-60mph in around 5 second's ish (hard to tell with all the wheel spin)
40mph-100mph is under 8 second's
0mph-100mph is... about 11.5 ish :whistling:

It's going to be interesting once I've been to fusion motorsport to get the ECU re-mapped!!!

Schaweeeet ride matey how long have you Been on the project? :)

Thanks dude,

I've been saving up for about a year buying all the bits I need and a lot of research, I found out everything I needed to know apart from having to cut the back of the engine to allow the power steering pulley to miss it, as the engine twists.

Once I had everything it took me two week to get everything done till I come across the wiring... OMG! This was well out of my league, so I contacted Ed from Fusion Motorsport and had to wait two more weeks till he come down.

When Ed come to my place he was really good going the extra mile to help me out getting it all up and running.

One of the funny problems I had was the test drive with Ed because I had no Exhaust!!! It was sssoooooo LOUD but lush. Then driving the the car to Powerflow the next morning to get the custom made 2.5 inch exhaust made up.

I'm not 100% happy with the exhaust it's going in on Saturday just to get the back box lined up better with the bumper.

having to cut the back of the engine to allow the power steering pulley to miss it

Sorry you did what now?

The blocks are the same, there should be no need to do such a thing.

Hi Mate, nice clean swap there.
I had the same thing in my Fwd Nissan Sunny, once rolling they are very fast.
However looking at your spec list, i would suggest uprating the brakes should be you next mod before you increase the bhp.
At 240bhp my brakes failed on me racing a merc amg sl500?
So before i went to 307bhp i got some hispec 4 pots.:flowers:

Good luck as well.

Cheers mate,

Bet you had a :001_9898: moment when your brakes failed... How fast were you going when they failed?

It's 100% on my list to do. I just wanted to get the car up to Fusion Motorsport the get the ECU done to make sure everything is safe with the engine.

Once this is done I'm doing the brakes but... Which way do I go???

Option 1:

Fitting the FTO Mivec 2 pot capilers with 182 disc's and a 4mm spacer all fitting in the standard alloys or... (I know that people have done this and it works and there happy)

Option 2:

Fitting the 200sx 4 pot capilers... but that's all I know! I don't know what disc's I'd need and would it need a spacer will it all fit in the standard alloys?

If you want to go for 4pots, speak to Stufagti as he has 300zx 4pots, the company he bought them from sells the whole package to convert including 305mm discs. But you will need to get bigger wheels :)

I reckon FTO brakes will be man enough, i mean, GTi-Rs only came with single pot brakes as standard so doubling up will do the job nicely!

Sorry you did what now?

I know it sound's crazy but it's true! After look at this site for hours I seem to be the only one who had to do it.

As you would build the rev's there would be this really bad noise!!! I lifted up the bonnet and the pulley was hitting the back/side of the engine bay. I had to drop the engine out to cut out a slot for the pulley as the engine twists. It's hard to explain what bit it was hitting it's not the fire wall... I'll take some pictures to show you I'm not going mad.

I used the Almera mounts and gearbox so I don't know why I had to do this???

If you want to go for 4pots, speak to Stufagti as he has 300zx 4pots, the company he bought them from sells the whole package to convert including 305mm discs. But you will need to get bigger wheels :)

I reckon FTO brakes will be man enough, i mean, GTi-Rs only came with single pot brakes as standard so doubling up will do the job nicely!

id recommend using pulsar gtir wilwood 4 pot calipers which are straight fit i had 286 on mine as well as 330
or high spec

Thanks,

I do love the look of the 200/300 capilers having "NISSAN" Stamped down the side of them :tt1: How big would I have to go???

I can do the FTO brake conversion for about £300 ish. How much does 300zx conversion cost?

id recommend using pulsar gtir wilwood 4 pot calipers which are straight fit i had 286 on mine as well as 330
or high spec

I would love to do this conversion but it seams to be a lot of penny's... How much did the Wilwood 4 pots (286) cost?

Thank you all for your comments,

I've fitted some gauges on to my car boost, oil pressure and air/fuel gauge. The Boost I've had working from the start. When I got the oil pressure and sender the sender was broken, when I got the replacement I fitted it straight away.

Does these reading sound right?

6 bar when staring from cold
2 bar when hot
7.6 bar when revving the engine right up

Is this all normal?

IIRC the brake kit is £370.... but dont quote me on that. Send a PM to Stufagti he'll fill you in on all the details :) I think you'll need 16s and possibly some spacers depending on the offset of the chosen wheels!

Thanks,

I do love the look of the 200/300 capilers having "NISSAN" Stamped down the side of them :tt1: How big would I have to go???

I can do the FTO brake conversion for about £300 ish. How much does 300zx conversion cost?

I would love to do this conversion but it seams to be a lot of penny's... How much did the Wilwood 4 pots (286) cost?

I got my wilwood for £220 with pads and discs... and its a straight fit and will fit under 15" alloys...

fto conversion will be no more than £150 mate... i sold mine for £80

iv heard that 200sx calipers its not a straight fit

Thats a good price Mov!

Nah the 200/300 calipers need brackets, which come with the kit :) yeah the FTO calipers might only be £80ish, but then new discs and pads, spacers, fluid ect soon adds up!

Thanks,

Thank you all for your comments,

I've fitted some gauges on to my car boost, oil pressure and air/fuel gauge. The Boost I've had working from the start. When I got the oil pressure and sender the sender was broken, when I got the replacement I fitted it straight away.

Does these reading sound right?

6 bar when staring from cold
2 bar when hot
7.6 bar when revving the engine right up

Is this all normal?

Mine gave near enough the same reading

GTi-R 006.JPGGTi-R 01.JPGGTi-R 04.JPGGTi-R 05.JPGGTi-R 03.jpgGTi-R 02.jpg

Hi guy's just so you don't think I'm mad at cutting my car up. In the pic's you will see how close the power steering pulley is and that I'm still using the Almera engine/gearbox mounts. So don't know???

Also thought I'd get a pic of gauge's for you too see. All working good, just need to get the right sensor for the air/fuel gauge that I've been told goes into the exhaust? Does anyone know what, how or where I can get this from???

Sorry you did what now?

well he might have used a different pump. the P11-144 power steering pump is different to my P10 power steering pump
the pully is a lot smaller.

well he might have used a different pump. the P11-144 power steering pump is different to my P10 power steering pump
the pully is a lot smaller.

N16 hubs will fit on on a N15 :-) that will give you at least 280mm at the front. and if you wanted to go S14 caliper you just need calipers and disc but only down side is you need new wheels.

you can do the fto conversion for alot less than £300, its more than enough with decent pads and discs to stop your car.

Assuming you are using the gtir powersteering pump?

Back
Top Bottom