i've just bought an ax gti,good or bad? ( pics added )

got offered it for peanuts,is in quite good nick,needs a good clean,and an mot.am probably gonna use it as a run around,and save up to do bits to the almera. but its got 4 stud hubs,and tuning parts are dirt cheap,so i doubt it will stay standard.

anyone had experiances with these? ive driven it a few times,and they grin factor is immense! :D pics up this weekend.

Rapid. if you've got a solid one your laughing. As Kurt says source a 1.6 16v form a 106 Gti, Saxo VTS, Xsara VTS etc and decimate bigger and more expensive cars.

I used to have one...got a pic somewhere.....its what got me into `fast` cars. Watch the rear torsion beam for wear and dodgy connectors to the injectors.

Strip it, decat if fitted and full exhaust including manifold should see a good gain.

Here you go......plus my 106 xsi.

cars.jpg

he he reminds me of my first car, ax forte which was a gti with out the alloys, spoiler, or 1.4.

sadly it was wrote off the day i finally sourced a gti spoiler.

just be carefull as these really are made of fag packets and chewing gum.

AX GTi/GTs are awesome. If I ever find a tidy one for sale Im gonna buy it no matter what. Problem is most are ragged to death or rotten so if you've got a minter nice one!

Yeah a TU from a 106 GTi will see it rinse off many a modern 'sports' car.

But yeah perhaps that and my 205 would be the last cars on earth I would want to be in during a crash, proper waffer thin tin cans, go easy.

Good on ya tho! Keep us updated of developments.
Veero

Same with the swift gti, great fun, wrote one off going up the arse of someone at about 15-20mph and looked like i'd hit him at 60. But, i liked it so much I brought another one! Raced a AXGti in my swift at pod and he beat me by about 0.1 secs. (His was stripped out though)

renton said:
(His was stripped out though)

Christ, I wouldn't have thought there'd be much in there to take out, don't they weigh about 750kg or something genuinely miniscule like that!?

Anyway yeah, I like AXs as well, the GTI, did it have 95bhp? I imagine since it's so light, it could make a decent track car, but again, they really ARE quite flimsy so I dunno...

I have a stripped out 205 XS with a Saxo VTR engine, only 8V but round the twisty its more fun than the 16v imo, do the same to the AX and its mad fun.... if oyu know anyone who wants to buy a 205VTR let me know :)

Its French...say no more...the GT's were good lil cars in all fairness

rowdy-GTi said:
I used to have one...got a pic somewhere.....its what got me into `fast` cars. Watch the rear torsion beam for wear and dodgy connectors to the injectors.

Strip it, decat if fitted and full exhaust including manifold should see a good gain.

Here you go......plus my 106 xsi.

cars.jpg

My first car was an ax gt, bag of shite mine though, one in good nick will be ok, and my second car was a 106 xsi in black, nice car, expsensive repairs (all the time)

If you've owned a golf gti rowdy then i think weve just abouty had the same cars!

started work on her today,needs a full rear brake overhaul.am gonna tidy her up,then start with the mods.all this advice has got me thinking!!!

i did,but sold it not to long ago.kinda regret it,but couldnt refuse the offer i had on it! foward with the french tin can!

Back
Top Bottom