i've just bought an ax gti,good or bad? ( pics added )

here are a few more pics.used a huge tin of elbowgrease today,and am happy.need a few bits like arch trim,steering column cover,parcel shelf.needs a full rear brake overhaul,then mot time! been doing my mods reasearch.looks like some good power gains can be had.enjoy.and hope you dont mind me updating on a non-almera! is great fun doing this,i feel im doing a public service to keep gti's alive.too many just get broken,cos people cant be bothered.and it annoys me!

11am today:

axpics001.jpg

axpics003.jpg

axpics007.jpg

12pm:
axpics006.jpg

axpics008.jpg

4pm:
axpics016.jpg

axpics014.jpg

axpics009.jpg

axpics018.jpg

axpics021-1.jpg

axpics020.jpg

£150 i think he paid for it!

Chris i was skeptical at first but seeing it it's alot nicer than I imagined, I think i'd like it in the same way i like black VTS saxo's that are standard apart from being lowered. Other than that just restoration would do it for me. Can't say I know much about French cars though.

but nice! long as you keep the mera too

Bodywork seems in good nick, saying that i`ve never seen a french car rust.

Have a look at where the front seats bolt to the floor pan. It sometimes cracks around the captive nut and the seats come loose, requiring some welding work.

Anyway, i like it.

looks very very tidy, even inside the arches look good and it doesnt look like they have ever seen any underseal, doing well for 15 years old.

probably a strange question but how did the back of the alloys turn out (assuming you cleaned the back while they were off)? just our p10 is the same age and even the back of the alloys come up very well, seems strange for a car of that age to be like that. also what happened to the front arch trim? has it been colour coded on a white car then painted black or something like that? lets the car down alot, will look mint once thats sorted out

caught sight of this little baby the other day on my way to work, it`s as clean as a whistle and looks absolutely stunning. not my personal cup of tea , but fair play chris it`s as good as you will ever find around here mate, in fact i would think you would be hard pushed to find another one in that condition fullstop.

showroom condition springs to mind :D

Back
Top Bottom