JDM wheel look???

bensketts will look amazing, its a japanese "street racer" style car, you could imagine it flying down the wangan or whatever its called and those wheels go perfectly with that image, simcards is a show car and there not show car wheels at all imo.

would stick with wet and dry and maybe paint stripper if i was you, wouldnt go near wheels with one of those attachments.

i know the feeling, the attachments are alot more fun and quicker too but i wouldnt use them on that.

my mate had a tatty mini moto he wanted to get looking ok to sell on so we used a wire brush attachment and attacked the frame with that before spraying it, you could see all the scratches in the metal once it had been painted and i would imagine alloys would be softer, might be ok if you went over it with wet and dry afterwards but then your still sitting there bored senseless using wet and dry so you havent gained anything.

What about one of those sandpaper disc things for drills, instead of using a grinder :confused:

The trouble with grinders is they only have 1 speed (fooking fast :eek: ), but drills have variable speeds, so the slower it goes, the more control you have & you get a better result. :)

Note: The above maybe a load of toss, as my grinder is about 15 years old & doesn`t have variable speed, I don`t know if new ones do though. :O

Just my 2p worth. :)

Almera Guy said:
What about one of those sandpaper disc things for drills, instead of using a grinder :confused:

The trouble with grinders is they only have 1 speed (fooking fast :eek: ), but drills have variable speeds, so the slower it goes, the more control you have & you get a better result. :)

Note: The above maybe a load of toss, as my grinder is about 15 years old & doesn`t have variable speed, I don`t know if new ones do though. :O

Just my 2p worth. :)
Nah mine doesnt either mate, guess it would just chew the wheel up!

sprint said:
simcards is a show car and there not show car wheels at all imo.
Show car :confused: i just wanted the colour of mine to be nice. Its still standard apart from the colour, coilovers and exhaust. Got nowt else to show lol, i'm experimenting with the colour options on the wheels as we speak.

Also i really want some nice rota's like rowdys or kei kruze like andrewsmiths but i cant afford them , especially if these carbon bonnets ever make an appearence. Plus i really wanna see what the gti drives like on 15's.

I did want those Enkei's, Flamera owner (sorry chap, can't think of your name :O ) had some, but I didn't have the money :(

Cheers for letting me know what JDM means, now I wont sound like a tit :lol:

Hopefully should be getting some wheels soon, I have the money it's just finding them and sorting postage etc. :)

Streetracer? Me? ;) I had a Parcel Force van the other day :p

Mate, if you like it, go 4 it.

I do, I think it would look better than how it is now so you might aswell, plus its cheap so its not gona break the bank. Then if it does look gash, change them lol

I think they'll look snazzy, not quite sure if its JDM though as they wouldnt have been like that from the manafacturer.

But JDM is deffo the way forward now, should be the only way. Just dont go Euro on your GTi, it looks lovely atm lol

kow_gti said:
Mate, if you like it, go 4 it.

I do, I think it would look better than how it is now so you might aswell, plus its cheap so its not gona break the bank. Then if it does look gash, change them lol

I think they'll look snazzy, not quite sure if its JDM though as they wouldnt have been like that from the manafacturer.

But JDM is deffo the way forward now, should be the only way. Just dont go Euro on your GTi, it looks lovely atm lol

Cheers dude. will get some pics up when ive done them. They prob will look gash but i need to do it in order to get some ideas when it comes to spending real money on some alloys. Plus i can just spray the whole alloy black after with absolutely no hassle whatsoever. I'm not sure what you mean by euro look though??

The Euro look, quite opposite to the JDM you talk of..

Once you start messing with the car, JDM should be sleek yet effective none of this smooth here and this poking and pointing out here or go faster stripes.. basically I mean dont go over the top and you'll get it right everytime, thats why I like the aspect of them wheels, as I think their not quite OTT, but not quite subtle, I think they'd look nice, but only 1 way to find out...

Ohh and just read about the 15" rims, it will handle better with them and also look more JDM with the coilovers.. also, they work out cheaper, per tyre etc.. Massive wheels look the part, but add weight, money, insurance costs and your forever worrying about kurbing them lol!! Plus 15" wouldnt slow you down as much as a big set of 18" would..

Well, JDM would be just to leave it standard and not modify anything. Advans are not JDM. Engine mods are not JDM.

I think people are focussing too much on the word JDM, yes hardly anyones cars on here are JDM but i think what most people are talking about is that "clean" look, almost standard yet not. Simple and effective mods etc....

lol JAM?? I like it lol... yeah well JDM is Japanese Domestic Model, so technically yeah everything non origional, isnt JDM lol

but the term JDM is thrown about far too much.. its always good to stick with the origional, but each to their own, Im not arsed if my cars JDM or friggin JCB mate aslong as I like it lol

Back
Top Bottom