Jumped on the Honda Bandwagon

Well, I was having no luck shifting the Primera so... The lad who originally had it decided he wanted it back, so, we swapped cars as he'd give up on this little project, he took the Primera and I took his Civic Hatch. Some of ya might of seen this before but its a EG hatch in Matt black with kawasaki green wheels!

At the minute its just a 1.5 economy Vtec, which is handy while i get some money built up to finish the project. We already have a D16a9 (Twin cam) out of a CRX waiting to go in along with a Turbo Kit :) Ill be getting ready to start it sometime after xmas!

Its on coilover sleeves so its quite low!

Interior = None & whats there is filthy, cos he used it to go to work in everyday so the seats are quite filthy but i think ive got some prelude seats lined up, all being well. I plan to put the interior back in when i can find some! To give you a picture, from behind the 2 front seats, theres nothing at all!

Here some pics anyway:

DSC00018.jpg

DSC00019.jpg

DSC00022.jpg

DSC00024.jpg

DSC00014.jpg

Intercoolers already in ;)

DSC00013.jpg

What ya think?

You are bad man! Get another nissan hastily!

Nah, just joking mate, I really like that, could do with a set of orange front indicators though! We have a kawazaki green civic with matte black wheels at college, the complete opposite, lol.

sweet a possible line of thought would be a k20a lump but i think it would be a fucking tight squeeze but fuck would it be good
nice motor cf bonnet would look ace contrast with the matt black
cool as fuck mate

I love the eg's; lovely looking wee car! Always wanted to buy a bit of a wreck and build a little rally car from it - matt green, matt green steelies, roll cage and a bucket seat! Maybe in time!

It always annoys me a bit how easilly you can mod hondas. A friend of mine bought a d16, ebay turbo kit, and basically fitted the lot himself for 'well under 700' he says... Must resist

Not quite a GTR said:
sweet a possible line of thought would be a k20a lump but i think it would be a fucking tight squeeze but fuck would it be good
nice motor cf bonnet would look ace contrast with the matt black
cool as fuck mate

There's no point squeezing a K20 in there when smaller B-series engines are just as good, and a much easier job.
B16/B18 would make it more than quick enough without worrying about turbo..
If you wanna do the engine swap route, I've got the Honda Engine Swaps book you can have for £10, as I'm not into hondas anymore. Its really good aswell.

hmm nice, my friend has one of those nut with a b16 turbo lump in it. here is a pic!

DSC00036.jpg

oh and one of the engine

DSC00093.jpg

hmm nice lol. but still not a nissan! :eek:

thats smart as fook!!. might seem like a totally ridiculous question, but could you polish that?? Lol. it would look like what happens when you get polish on ur bumper plastics.

Maybe you could use back to black! :P

Really dont like those awful wheels but alot of potential there. Sum1's got alot of work to do!

Love cars painted flat black!! SLAM IT, Carbon bonnet, carbon spoiler, JDM amber front indicators and tint the 3 back windows would look mental.

I imagined it looking really nasty when I read the matt black, kawasaki green bit, but it actually looks quite good. I like the way matt black gives it a kind of rat look effect, without the rust and dirtyness. I still want to paint my 205 matt orange with black wheels and rallye arches.

jonnyrad said:
Whats awful about them?

Just the colour aint my cup of team m8- sorry. I dont like that colour green on anything really- h8ed it on the bikes too!

No need to apologise mate! everyone is entitled to their own opinion :) was thinking of getting some Civic VTi fat 5's and doing them in a wacky colour, maybe dynamo orange, any suggestions?

jonnyrad said:
No need to apologise mate! everyone is entitled to their own opinion :) was thinking of getting some Civic VTi fat 5's and doing them in a wacky colour, maybe dynamo orange, any suggestions?

ROTA's whole catalogue always seem to look the nutts on honda's.
I had a B16A2 (del sol / hair dresser motor) before my almera. Good giggle and really showed up some bigger cars at the lights.
And that VTEC noise through a CAI is gorjus! :cool:

If i were you id find a B18 civic (rover 45 shape) which you can get for around £1400 now swap and the engines over, sell the honda/rover as a cheap run around and put the 170bhp+ motor in your civic! :)

Heres a pic of mine before i sold it: http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p87/oxide_99/DSC00571.jpg

Back
Top Bottom