Just saying hi!

Hi All,

Have been viewing the site for ages but never reg'd, until now that is. Have a bog standard 99' Red Almera Gti P2 with only 45k on. Have owned it for 4 years now. Only changes have been Alpine Sat Nav, New head unit and 12" sub.. Toy with the idea of doing the exhaust, 17's and lowering 40mm, but have been in enough cars with the above and never quite felt the pros outweighed the cons. See a few Alm Gti's round Southampton, but with the exception of hedge end cruise nothing much inthe way of organised cruises happens round here.

Anyway great site and crazy amount of knowledge about the Almera on here..

take it easy

Alm Gti said:
My Honda Fireblade kept me busy for the first 3 years.. so when the sun was out the Almera was gathering dust.

Ahh fair enough, yeah got to say come the summer I'll be out on the Thundercat rather than sat in the mera! lol

Rach.

another biker.. thats what I like to see.. I'm with out two wheels at the moment. Sold my blade and bought a TL100R to try out a twin.. coudl not see what all the fuss was about to be honest.. wheelies were a lot easier, but the blade was 10x the bike the TL was.. Sold the TL as have got a 9 week old son called Ben.. Kind of always said I would hang up the lid when kids came along.. one day I will be back one two wheels, or one some of the time.

Aww well congrats on your new son anyway! My fella used to have a fireblade...great bikes! Yeh i try not to listen to hype about bikes - its rarely justified! I miss my old vfr400 :( that was an awesome bike! Could easily beat the bigger bikes on the bends! :D considering getting one as a second bike, but might stray to the rvf if i do ;) its pretty inevitable that when kids come along bikes go (for a little while anyway ;)). I'm only 21 so got a few years before i have to think about that!

Rach.

Thanks.. he is a right laugh and givnig up the bike for him was not a hard decision. I had a good 10 years of bikes, so at 30 i'm ok with taking a break from them.. woudl love to get something for the track, as I gave up because of the other idots not because of my ability (or lack of!).. I did the 400 route too and always missed it once it was gone. I had a 1992 GSXR400 and went from that to my 2002 Fireblade.. I never thought I would miss the 400 after getting the blade but there was something fun about hasseling bigger bikes, even if they blew you away on the straight bits.. you could always piss them off on the B roads.. Actually it was the blade that made me think the Almera was not all that quick.. I was disapointed when I got it as I was hoping for more punch.. but I think I was just a little spoilt for speed at the time and am now seeing what the fuss is about.

Hay Dub. Going good thanks.. Good to see a fellow Dubliner in here.. Well, I'm half from Dublin anyway.. My dad grew up there, I have a load of family in Dublin city near St Stephens Green, Ballibrigan, Skerrys and Swords.. well with a good Irish surname like Walsh what do you expect. So, how much is your insurance? I guess crazy high if my cousins insurance is anything to go by..

Back
Top Bottom