Lady_'mera's new ride :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

not posted for a while bt wanted to let you all know that i have a new ride!!!

I have had an 06 reg corsa (1litre) for about 6 months and couldn't hack the lack of umph, so... i went looking around on sunday avo and spotted an 03 reg Citroen Saxo VTR, so after a quick test drive and about an hour looking at it and talking to my fiance... i decided to swap my car for it!!!

:thumbs: :woohoo:

Picked her up tonight and she is beautiful, completely standard but beautiful!!!

I know it aint a mera, but there are some on here that don't have mera's and I just wanted to share my exciting news!!!

I will post some pictures when i have time in the daylight! :cool:

With Saxo's there is a very fine line between rice and looking respectable, just dont get anything from halfrauds for it lol!

What colour is it btw? There's a standard VTR down my road in a orangie gold colour which looks very good.

Nearly parted with cash for a saxo once, then i saw the interior, asked for a bag, filled it, and went and put a new engine in my toyota. Sorry my dear but there vile cars. -40mm drop, VTS alloys, badgeless grille and an exhaust/filter combo and ill let you off.

why oh why me lady? It WILL fall apart quicker than anything you've ever witnessed. Don't mean to be a killjoy but they scored rockbottom out of car reliablility. Average repair cost, £202 compared to an almera £49. Good luck tho, could be a minter!

It's not harsh Rick its just realistic...

EVERYONE but EVERYONE knows how chavish and scummy Saxo's are - and i know cos i work in Citroen garage (well for the next 6/7 weeks til i move to Sky :D :D) so i've seen my fair share of shaggers

They are cheap and nasty in every sense of the word

My mate has a VTS, hasn't fell apart yet and is fooking rapid. He's lowered 40mil then the rest engine, of course.

And i would rather have a subtle vts than a N16 anyday :O

GTi kurt said:
My mate has a VTS, hasn't fell apart yet and is fooking rapid. He's lowered 40mil then the rest engine, of course.

And i would rather have a subtle vts than a N16 anyday :O

Thanks! alls i can say is each to their own.

I agree, my VTR is rapid! and their is not a single problem with it, all cars go wrong in different ways, i know people with the almera GTi and everyone had had problems with the ABS and exhausts!

beleive me, i aint modding it in the 'chavish' way you describe, i will prob lower it 50mm and debadge the VTR sticker, making it a bit of a sleeper!

Apart from that i aint doing anything as it pretty much satisfactory as is!

personally would never buy a saxoknow to many people with them with to many problems even the saox forum rip saxos all day at how bad they are for build quality and reliability, i agree standard debadged lowerered looks smart but far to many of them about all exactly the same, but each to there own thats just my opinion hope it does all go well for you though.

My lass had a vtr for about 5 years, bought it with 60,000 miles on it, put another 60,000 on it and the only things that broke was the lambda sensor(which is a servicable item anyway) and the doorhandle when she washed it in the freezing cold and the door rubbers froze and she yanked on the handle and snapped a little clip inside, and it wasnt chavvy or rice?(how can you rice a non jap car?)
and the interior was better than a standard almera one, any model.

Theyre quite good cars and would still have one over any non GTI/VZR almera no matter what the image is
They only have bad relaibilty because of the owners killing them.

jobestpic.jpg

newones024.jpg

newones022.jpg

newones026.jpg

newones039.jpg

newones041.jpg

newones033.jpg

yeah but..........its a straight fit anyway :lol:, and the older mrk1 standard vtr/vts interiors ok ish too

great cars to mod, esp on a budget, that much stuff about, got a manifold for £80, and loads of other bargins

well I used to have a vts before my GTi, yeah Id rather my GTi any day, but the vts was great. I modded it to a point where it looked suttle but nice.. theres loadsa go faster parts and all sorts out there, its the most modded car ever Id say lol. There are some lovely saxos out there as there is shamefull 1's..but thats with most cars lol!! I think Id rather have the pug 106 GTi than the vts though, even though there the same car with a different shell lol...

the 106 and the saxo are the same car

my mate had a saxo vts and the gearbox went on it, shit hot handling though

the guy that bought it off him blew the head gasket, they are as strong as tin foil and cheap so loads in scrappys already

NaylorGTI said:

i just thought!!

what is the point in buying a vtr or a vts unless u are gonna hammer it

buy a 1 ltr with a which comes with a clock in place of a rev counter

shaun said:
NaylorGTI said:

i just thought!!

what is the point in buying a vtr or a vts unless u are gonna hammer it

buy a 1 ltr with a which comes with a clock in place of a rev counter

there's a difference between ragging your car and killing your car :roll:

NaylorGTI said:
there's a difference between ragging your car and killing your car :roll:

whats the difference the engine will only rev so much before the rev limiter kicks in to stop any damage (unless your car is french- nation of wimps!)

I think he means neglecting it. If you let the Almera run low on oil it'd screw up eventually as well!

Are they really THAT bad though?! I mean I've been in a few and driven a 1.4 a few times, don't remember it being THAT badly made or looking that bad, loved the direct, mechanical kinda feeling of the controls as well. It must be bad if the interior is meant to be more unpleasant than the shiny-hard-plastic-haven that was in my ph2, although it didn't rattle or have too many falling-off bits...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom