Lead's N15 Sedan Project

Hi all,

Just thought I'd introduce myself here. My name's Paul, I'm from Australia and I've turned my N15 Series 1 LX Sedan into a Series 2 VZ-R styled sedan. I'm currently working on a turbo conversion for the GA16DE. I've still got a couple of bits of my kit to put on (genuine VZ-R skirts, a SR-V grille and hopefully a wind deflector for my windscreen wiper haha). All of the Nissan option parts on my car are the genuine article (e.g. my front pods, dash, gauges, etc).

I've been watching AOC for a while and I've been wanting to sign up (but it wasn't working when I last tried), so I'm glad it finally worked and I'm finally on here :)

Hope you like it.

--------Mod List--------

Suspension Parts:
- Stock SSS Front Strut Brace
- Custom Rear Strut Brace
- Whiteline Rear Adjustable Sway Bar
- Tein SS Coilovers

Brakes:
- AD22VF (SSS/GTiR) Front Disc Brakes
- DBA Slotted Front Rotors
- Rear Disc Brakes (SSS/GTiR)

Drivetrain:
- Exedy Organic HD Clutch
- B&M Short Shifter

Performance Parts:
- Custom CAI and Pod Filter
- 2 1/4" Press Bent Cat-Back Exhaust with Tri-Flow Muffler

Exterior Styling Parts:
- S2 SSS Headlights
- S2 JDM Black Indicators
- VZ-R Grille
- VZ-R S1 Front Bar
- VZ-R Front Pods
- S2 Yellow Foglights
- VZ-R Nissan Bonnet Badge/Currently a GTiR Prince Badge
- Clear Side Indicators
- VZ-R Folding Mirrors
- VZ-R Slimline Wind Deflectors
- S2 VZ-R Rear Tail Lights
- Quad Tail Light Conversion
- ROH 17" Strada's [Show and Shines (read, when I can afford new tyres haha)
- Nissan VZ-R/SSS 15" Alloys [Daily]
- VZ-R Sedan Spoiler
- Chrome Pulsar Badge
- VZ-R S2 Garnish

Interior Styling Parts:
- SSS Bonnet Heat Matting
- Genuine Autech Cluster
- JDM Folding Mirror Switch
- JDM Foglight Switch
- SSS Front Seats (Bucket)
- JDM Map Lights
- JDM Centre Console Fascia
- JDM Aircon Control
- GTiR Center Console Gauges
- Audio Stuff
- Black Micro-Suede Door Trim Inserts
- Power Window Conversion
- Leather Handbrake
- 300zx Gear Knob
- SLX Rear Seat (with head-rests and armrest)
- JDM Bootlid Carpet
- Alarm

Rice:
- Under Dash/Under Seat/Boot Neons (Blue)
- Under Car Led Strips (Front and Rear)
- Gradient Painted Rocker Cover (Red to Silver with Black Lettering)

Awards:
- Runner up - 4cyl N/A class - 7 of Clubs Dyno Day
- Winner - Best Exterior Category - Super Cheap Auto Lawnton Show & Shine (09/05/08)

Power Figures:
- 81.4hp (atfw) with just a pod filter and a Lukey Performance muffler.
- 86.4hp (atfw) with the pod and new custom built 2.25" cat-back exhaust and tri-flow muffler.

The day I brought her home :D
completelystock.jpg

Different Front Ends
frontends.jpg

Random Mt Cootha Photoshoot
de_cootha_shoot_1.jpg

Genuine Front End (Clear Foglights)
vzr_front_end_done1.jpg

On the Dyno 86.4hp
leads_car_on_dyno1_86_4.jpg

Dyno Graphs
paul814.jpg
paul864.jpg

Mt Cootha Shoot for Victoria Bushfire Appeal
s1lucinopaul.jpg

Skirts Test Fitting:
tease_pga.jpg

Underground Carpark Shoot (Most recent pics)
coles_1.jpg

coles_2.jpg

coles_3.jpg

Hi Paul, My name is Chris and I'm also from Australia...

Hahahaha, good to see you on AOC mate. As you know, my car wants your car's babies...

Your car is one of the sexiest cars I have seen. ;)

I'm still working on the S-RV grille...

Ha awesome I was reading your thread on PGA last night :D Superb looking loon mate :thumb: Front spats ftw.

Hi Paul, My name is Chris and I'm also from Australia...

Hahahaha, good to see you on AOC mate. As you know, my car wants your car's babies...

Your car is one of the sexiest cars I have seen. ;)

I'm still working on the S-RV grille...

As I said on PGA, I'm very worried about you man haha. Thanks for the compliments as always and thanks for putting me onto this site :)

Ha awesome I was reading your thread on PGA last night :D Superb looking loon mate :thumb: Front spats ftw.

I've been following your thread out on there too, love your car mate, wish it was available in Australia, it beats out all of the N16's available here hehe.

Welcome mush.

Looks rather tasty, some transformation!

Thanks :D I'm going to put up a couple of extra pics in the first post in a second. I've had many different front ends/mods on this car haha.

Looks ace, that car park front picture is great.....GTi/SSS wheels look so much better on a Saloon compared to a Hatch.

Stunning. Really good looking car! Do you have the non-VCT GA16DE engine then?

Also, in the 'Mt Cootha Shoot for Victoria Bushfire Appeal' picture, what grille have you got on? And is it a direct fit with the N15 headlights?

In Yatesy's members ride thread there are pics of his motor with the same grille Phil, he says is an S1 (P1?) Lucino grille.

Reason I asked is because it looks like a Sentra grille, I really like the look of that grille but I didn't think it fitted on the standard N15 lights?

The sentra one won't really line up perfectly, no. But Lead's and Yatey's one seems to :)

May I say that looks the dogs bollocks. Its great to see another N15 saloon being modded. I think there could be 5 of us on here now! Your motor looks great, I love the silver.

Hey guys, just to clear up, the grilles Paul and I have featured in the pics are series one (phase one) Lucino N15 grilles... They are a direct fit. ;)

I really love the overall look of your car mate. Looks absolutely mint condition too! You've made good mods that improve the look drastically..
Now for the performance :)
Be sure to keep us updated.
Joe

Looks ace, that car park front picture is great.....GTi/SSS wheels look so much better on a Saloon compared to a Hatch.

Thanks for that :D

New pics look sweet.

Time for a 20V I think!

Thanks mate, nah, a 20V is too much of a hassle. Over here, it would be cheaper for me to do a turbo conversion to my GA16DE. Importing costs at present over here are ridiculous. Not so much the parts cost, that's relatively cheap compared to the actual freight/import costs. I'm really excited about the turbo conversion, should be looking at about 125 - 150kw atw running stock internals. The GA16DE already has forged rods from factory btw ;) I want to find a GA16DE forged rebuild kit eventually for it so that should be good.

Stunning. Really good looking car! Do you have the non-VCT GA16DE engine then?

Also, in the 'Mt Cootha Shoot for Victoria Bushfire Appeal' picture, what grille have you got on? And is it a direct fit with the N15 headlights?

It's a VCT GA16DE, I'm going to be running a piggyback system by the company "NisTune" eventually which will be able to control the VCT solenoid when I go turbo. It's the S1 Lucino grille, it's a direct fit :)

In Yatesy's members ride thread there are pics of his motor with the same grille Phil, he says is an S1 (P1?) Lucino grille.

Yep, it's the S1 Lucino grille, it's a JDM grille.

Reason I asked is because it looks like a Sentra grille, I really like the look of that grille but I didn't think it fitted on the standard N15 lights?

It's the S1 Lucino grille :)

The sentra one won't really line up perfectly, no. But Lead's and Yatey's one seems to :)

The Sentra one wouldn't line up with the standard lights, HOWEVER if you get the Halo lights from the US (like I have in the pic of my many front ends, the Sentra grilles will fit :D (Note: The grille on my car with those lights is a custom fibreglass grille).

I hope it fits cos I have lined one up!

Think it will like.

Do you like the grille in the pic? I hope so because that may be the one that is lined up for you ;) :woohoo:

May I say that looks the dogs bollocks. Its great to see another N15 saloon being modded. I think there could be 5 of us on here now! Your motor looks great, I love the silver.

You may say it haha. I hope that's a good term over there? Haha. Yeah, the silver is awesome, always looks clean which is a bonus hehe. After I finish writting this long post I'll go check out yours :)

it will its a phase one n15 lucino grille

*nods*

Hey guys, just to clear up, the grilles Paul and I have featured in the pics are series one (phase one) Lucino N15 grilles... They are a direct fit. ;)

You are correct :cool:

Just a note on this, I've been writting a definative guide to N15's since 2007 (it's got a little bit of European information, but I'm sure you guys could help me out with that). Once I've donated here, I shall put it up on the site for you all. It's basically a complete run down of the N15's, including part information/part numbers, light types, engine part numbers, all JDM/AUDM optional extras information, weights (of some parts), ECU diagrams, wiring diagrams, etc, etc and I've got pictures of the majority of the bits and pieces. So stay tuned for that in the coming months.

The pic below from my guide shows all of the available stock AUDM/JDM grilles which are a direct fit for the N15's.

grille_options.png

I can source currently: - This list is in order of the grilles above.
S1 AUDM (Infinate lol)
S2 AUDM (Fairly easy to get)
2 Slat (1)
3 Slat (1)
S1 Lucino (2)
S2 Lucino (0)
SR-V (0)
VZ-R (0)

Hey Paul!

Welcome to AOC. I love the rear garnish.

Thanks Nate :) Yeah, I love it too, completes the rear end nicely.

I really love the overall look of your car mate. Looks absolutely mint condition too! You've made good mods that improve the look drastically..
Now for the performance :)
Be sure to keep us updated.
Joe

Thanks for that. The performance is on the way, just waiting till I have everything I need before I start doing the performance mods. Only waiting on one or two bits and they're in the mail! :D

I think I got through everything, thanks for your replies!

Back
Top Bottom